Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

So from reading through this thread it seems 3 out of 12 goals have been from open play and the rest penalties or free kicks?

Pretty unusual stats that and it does (for me) raise the question if he would cut it in the actual games in the Championship, hard to say for me who hasn't seen any of his games in the A-league and having only the yearly blooper real to judge the quality by...

Regardless I doubt Bruce want's him back but his stats for this season might help us get a few £ for him if someone does come in for him.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

I know he might stay there for the season but how long is the loan currently for? I thought it ended at end of December? 

Just been told that it is an injury loan till the end of Jan. Basically he has to go home as soon as the player he came in for recovers. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Just been told that it is an injury loan till the end of Jan. Basically he has to go home as soon as the player he came in for recovers. 

I have seen the date 26th January, think it was from Bruce.

3 hours ago, villa82 said:

Ross can't play up front on his own. We can't play two strikers. Don't need him back.

Except for when he played at Leeds and Fulham on his own and scored 100 goals.

It was only here he was shoehorned into playing as part of a 2 with Rudy and Kodjia.

At Fulham he played alongside Moussa Dembele at least during the 15/16 season, their partnership resulted in 40 goals combined. 23 for McCormack

Edited by sne

Still think our best bet is playing with 1 up front and deploying our attacking midfielders in a 4-5-1 or whatever formation.

The midfield is where our talent is. Rather have Grealish, Snoddy, Green, Adomah, Hourihane (O'Hare) than play with 2 strikers.

Still have strong doubts about McCormack being good enough to change this or being good enough to play as a lone striker at Championship level.

Perhaps if we played with more possession higher up the pitch. So far that's not how we've used our strikers.

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

Jesus. The case to bring him back just gets stronger doest it!

Nah, apparently not.

If you listen to alot of people on here, they would have you believe the goalmouths in Australia are twice the size as here, and they have Blow up dolls as goalkeepers.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Maybe Hogan-McCormack would work well? 

Two shit (for us) players make a great partnership? They could work, but then we have to drop Grealish. A big no from villa82. 

Edited by villa82

Well the way I see it is this - I'll await the usual " you don't know what's going on"  responses - no I don't this is very true as I have never been close to anyone at the club for inside goss.

But Ross has flown to the other side of the world to play in an unforgiving league - not the greatest standard agreed but very inhospitable none the less - now one would assume that given the time he has been down there - his fitness levels, agility and speed of thought would have improved significantly? Add to this he must now be our on form most prolific goal scorer? Are we really so good that we can ignore this - I think not, and at the risk of being called observed I would much rather see Ross in the match day 18 with the capability to score a goal  out of nothing as opposed to a striker who just never scores.

Bruce in my view needs to revisit this option as a matter of priority.

• Like 1

Â