Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not ACL according to Australian press. Hopefully nothing more serious then. 

If it’s nothing too serious then inline with the terms of his loan agreement he should be on the first plane back home and into the matchday 18 because we ain’t so good and Bruce not so clever that we can ignore a proven goal scorer at this level - you would hope that RM’s fitness, desire, and confidence will be improved following his stint down under 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

If it’s nothing too serious then inline with the terms of his loan agreement he should be on the first plane back home and into the matchday 18 because we ain’t so good and Bruce not so clever that we can ignore a proven goal scorer at this level - you would hope that RM’s fitness, desire, and confidence will be improved following his stint down under 

Sorry to disagree but I think under Bruce RM's Villa career is over no matter what he does down under.

30 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He'd be fairly useful during this 'injury crisis'. Would rather have someone with over 100 goals at this level starting up front than Josh Onomah or Adomah. 

He’s no longer the player that scored 100 goals at this level. 

Something is broken with Ross. There’s a reason the only place we could offload him to was Australia. 

He’s finished. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He'd have probably been utter shite.

And you think this because? I saw reports pre-season that he was looking much more the part.

we are not so very good that we can ignore a proven goalscorer at this level.

yes I am fully aware that things  have gone on around him - but did he really do anything worse than you know who ? And this guy at  least can score goals 

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

And you think this because? I saw reports pre-season that he was looking much more the part.

yes I am fully aware that things  have gone on around him - but did he really do anything worse than you know who ? And this guy at  least can score goals 

Because he was absolutely shite when he played for us. 

Again, there's a reason that the only place he could be shipped out on loan was Australia. He has issues.

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Because he was absolutely shite when he played for us. 

Again, there's a reason that the only place he could be shipped out on loan was Australia. He has issues.

At the risk of sounding churlish you don’t think you know who was? Any way more importantly I constantly read on here that he has issues ? I know nothing of this - so as an avarage fan with no inside knowledge of the workings of our club - should we not be trying to help him through these issues that you speak of? For me he has one of  the best footballing brain in the club - and as I say we ain’t so good we can ignore this imo 

10 minutes ago, Dave J said:

At the risk of sounding churlish you don’t think you know who was? Any way more importantly I constantly read on here that he has issues ? I know nothing of this - so as an avarage fan with no inside knowledge of the workings of our club - should we not be trying to help him through these issues that you speak of? For me he has one of  the best footballing brain in the club - and as I say we ain’t so good we can ignore this imo 

Agbonlahor is shit too, but slightly less shit than McCormack has become. But, no offence, it's pointless having a discussion about Agbonlahor with you.

We probably are helping him through his issues. We've sent him out on loan to get some football under his belt. If he recovers to be good enough he'll get back in our team. But I highly doubt this will happen.

He's looked good for Melbourne City, I think he deserves another crack at Villa. Whether he can take the chance if it's handed to him I'm not so sure, but given our investment in him I'd give him another shot (so to speak).

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

So why don't you take the word of multiple posters on here who do know what's going on, who know we've tried to help, who know it's failed and know he has deep issues??

We aren't just ignoring him. He's done.

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

So why don't you take the word of multiple posters on here who do know what's going on, who know we've tried to help, who know it's failed and know he has deep issues??

We aren't just ignoring him. He's done.

There are multiple posters on here that know what’s  going on???

8 hours ago, Dave J said:

Sorry Dave, but I've been watching him while he has been down under and you wouldn't want him back. While I rate the A-league it is now where near the championship and the same goes for Ross. 

He should be no where near the championship. 

Â