Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

Its all just an elaborate gamble for clubs buying young players tbh. Sometimes it works out - Gareth Bale for example was bought as a somewhat promising left back but I very much doubt anyone thought he would become the wolds most expensive forward within the next 5 or so years. Spurs have dined out on that sale ever since and the gamble has paid off. 

I'm sure the number of failed gambles far outweigh the successful ones

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

I am not sure that it as bad a transfer as everyone is making out. Yes we paid £5 million for him, however it was mainly on potential. Potential is always a gamble. How many bigger signings have we made "on potential" that have failed miserably? Look at other clubs, there are plenty of examples where money has been wholly wasted. In the big picture, it is not that significant a loss. Perhaps we paid a little much, but on what transfer last summer didn't we do that?!

It didn't work last season. Not too sure how well he did at Forest (I'll assume not great) but he now has a season on loan at a club where he is likely to get regular football. We are over populated in midfield no question of it, and anyone outside of Hourihane, Lansbury, Whelan, Bjarnasson and Jedinak is likely to be considered to leave this summer. 

To me, its a win win. If he makes the grade, great, we have a player who has increased in value or perhaps even better developed into someone we can use. If not, well we are not wasting squad space/money on wages. Would rather youngsters go out on loan and develop rather than potentially get 1 or 2 games a year. Hope he gets lots of game time and does well for them :) 

We aren't Chelsea, and we are not and definitely were not in the position to pay £5m on someone with a bit of potential. I presumed we were signing someone who could get a good 30+ games under his belt in the Championship and hopefully kick on if we got promoted.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 21:27, Stevo985 said:

He's wank.

In a midfield that contained Gardner, Westwood and Bacuna he looked comfortably the worst player and was shipped out.

Nothing to do with the manager. The manager who signed him couldn't get anything out of him either.

He hardly played any games under either.

One game I did see v Huddersfield I think he was pretty decent with potential to improve but then he got injured and wasn't see again under RDM. Hardly ever figured under SB who just didn't take to him.

Not sure how he could look comfortably the worst player when he really played very few games.

• Like 1

It's a shame as he seemed to have a talent, but his performances were so erratic. 

I wish him all the best, and I wouldn't be surprised if in 2-3 years he's a DM for a half decent championship side. He's just it what we need right now, and we've got to get out of this league. 

Edit - thinking about stuff like this (Tshibola) makes me so frustrated that we wasted last summers transfer window with RDM... he is not a manager, he's a chancer that got lucky. 

Edited by alreadyexists

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He hardly played any games under either.

One game I did see v Huddersfield I think he was pretty decent with potential to improve but then he got injured and wasn't see again under RDM. Hardly ever figured under SB who just didn't take to him.

Not sure how he could look comfortably the worst player when he really played very few games.

In the games he played he was crap. That's how. 

Don't get the negativity. The loan move was the best for all involved.  If he stayed here, he wouldn't play and we definitely wouldn't of reclaimed anything close to the 5 million we got for him. He's gone to mk dons, he'll play every week. Different loan to the forest one really as Warburton didn't bring him in so had different ideas. If he has a good season, which i think he will, he'll be better equipped if/when he comes back here or we'll get a decent fee if we sell. End of the day, he's not rotting away,  he's playing football. 

• Like 3

I think he had only played a dozen or so senior games for Reading before he came to us so it was a lot of money to play for potential. He could be a good player with some senior experience, so this is a great move for him. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I think he had only played a dozen or so senior games for Reading before he came to us so it was a lot of money to play for potential. He could be a good player with some senior experience, so this is a great move for him. 

Agree.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/08/2017 at 08:40, alreadyexists said:

Here's his assist... it's a belter of a ball!

To be fair it's helped massively by a league 1 defender standing looking at him making no attempt to close him down or make a tackle.

I am sure most half decent midfielders would flourish in league 1.

• Like 2

Â