Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

I think he looked like a very promising player, he seems to have good technique and is comfortable on the ball, great physique as well. Altough it looked like he was labouring at times, a bit lazy perhaps. I guess that's why Bruce wont pick him, as I get the impression that he demads 100% commitment from the players. Can't fault Bruce on that point.

Hopefully he rolls up his sleeves, plays regularly and comes back like a proper player (and if so taking responsibility for this himself and not handing it over to God).  

16 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think he looked like a very promising player, he seems to have good technique and is comfortable on the ball, great physique as well. Altough it looked like he was labouring at times, a bit lazy perhaps. I guess that's why Bruce wont pick him, as I get the impression that he demands 100% commitment from the players. Can't fault Bruce on that point.

Hopefully he rolls up his sleeves, plays regularly and comes back like a proper player (and if so taking responsibility for this himself and not handing it over to God).  

news to me, ohh I forgot  this is something Brucey says...

It's a shame we've got this manager as Tshibola has the ingredients to be a proper player, but he'll get zero chance to improve under our current regime.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Another transfer gone wrong at The Villa. Nothing surprises me with us in the transfer market. If it can go wrong it will go wrong. 

Another player loaned out. He may be young but he's not a kid. What is he 22 or 23? We'll never recoup that money. Surely if he was anyway decent a team in the Championship would have taken him on loan?!

This goes down and another failure of a signing to me.

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

news to me, ohh I forgot  this is something Brucey says...

It's a shame we've got this manager as Tshibola has the ingredients to be a proper player, but he'll get zero chance to improve under our current regime.

Odd to blame the manager, when the manager who signed him couldn't get anything out of him either. He also went on loan and couldn't get a game there. He had the odd decent touch, but overall did very little for us. That's not just down to Bruce 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've no inside knowledge but I have alway just had the impression he doesn't want it enough. Maybe isn't as focus as he should be, or is a little bit too laid back.

Again it's just something I've been thinking myself.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villakram said:

He's wank.

In a midfield that contained Gardner, Westwood and Bacuna he looked comfortably the worst player and was shipped out.

Nothing to do with the manager. The manager who signed him couldn't get anything out of him either.

• Like 2

Apparently arrived on the recommendation of Clarke who ear marked him as promising. We got mugged off on price, clearly. But I reckon it's down to poor attitude, he doesn't have the mental toughness or application, meaning he will waste what is most likely his golden chance.

He also should have made an impression at Forest, but didn't fancy it. 

Same old story - kids paid stupid money, thinking they have made it and stop trying thinking they are the dogs bollocks. Sure we won't see himin football again. Sadly for little output he will earn more in a few years doing nothing, than you or I will in 20 years.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's wank.

In a midfield that contained Gardner, Westwood and Bacuna he looked comfortably the worst player and was shipped out.

Nothing to do with the manager. The manager who signed him couldn't get anything out of him either.

Yeah he looked abysmal apart from half an hour against Newcastle.  

Goes to show how crap he must be if no other championship club wanted him and all he can get is a mid table team in league one. Another do Matteo disaster to add to McCormack, elphick and gollini

di Matteo has to go down as one of our worst managers ever

• Like 1

I hope that Tish has an epiphany and sees what has happened. He is clearly capable but once again it is all about psychology. Still time for him (unlike Mcoremack) - I hope he wakes up. 

Our signings have been a bit schizophrenic in the last year. No I do not mean McCormack.

I get the feeling that we have a couple of signings made by the board (or whoever handles these things) and the rest signed/scouted by the managers.

Gollini for sure was a Di Matteo,  likely a few more, and Terry, Johnstone, Whelan, Elmohamady, Samba are all very Bruce.

But did Di Matteo scout this kid? Surely not. Nor do I think he was the man behind most of our signings last summer.

Also not sure Bruce is the main reason we signed Lansbury, Hogan, Bree, Thor or Hourihane,  although I'm sure he signed off on them. This would explain why he didn't seem to have any plan for how to use them last season.

Either way our recruitment policy and spending of money last season was shocking.

Yet another in a long long long list of players who we have paid well over the odds for and is just not good enough. 

For what we paid you would have expected a real wonder kid who was already nearly there. 

We go a kid who didn't ever look up to much and has not got any better. 

We have been a horror show in our recruitment but I am putting this firmly in RDMs court.  He signed some real duds.  Bruce so far I think has been much better in the recruitment stakes. 

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Goes to show how crap he must be if no other championship club wanted him and all he can get is a mid table team in league one. Another do Matteo disaster to add to McCormack, elphick and gollini

di Matteo has to go down as one of our worst managers ever

Jeeze that's about £27million pounds of **** up signings! What a travesty. Completely inept. The words aren't strong enough—we were absolute mugs in each case. Di Matteo along with MacLeish were the two managers I could never even get behind a little bit. To my eyes RDM always looked like he was pretending to be a manager and hoped nobody would see through the facade. Even with Sherwood I believed the hype for a little bit—and to be fair to him he did have an initial impact! That following summer though :wacko: We have wasted so much **** money over the years. If we only had the right people making decisions we could have been right up there with the Evertons-Tottenhams, or at least a competent premiership team. 

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Also not sure Bruce is the main reason we signed Lansbury, Hogan, Bree, Thor or Hourihane,  although I'm sure he signed off on them. This would explain why he didn't seem to have any plan for how to use them last season.

I have been saying this for a while. Didn't Bruce ship out Hourihane as a youngster at Sunderland?

I am not sure that it as bad a transfer as everyone is making out. Yes we paid £5 million for him, however it was mainly on potential. Potential is always a gamble. How many bigger signings have we made "on potential" that have failed miserably? Look at other clubs, there are plenty of examples where money has been wholly wasted. In the big picture, it is not that significant a loss. Perhaps we paid a little much, but on what transfer last summer didn't we do that?!

It didn't work last season. Not too sure how well he did at Forest (I'll assume not great) but he now has a season on loan at a club where he is likely to get regular football. We are over populated in midfield no question of it, and anyone outside of Hourihane, Lansbury, Whelan, Bjarnasson and Jedinak is likely to be considered to leave this summer. 

To me, its a win win. If he makes the grade, great, we have a player who has increased in value or perhaps even better developed into someone we can use. If not, well we are not wasting squad space/money on wages. Would rather youngsters go out on loan and develop rather than potentially get 1 or 2 games a year. Hope he gets lots of game time and does well for them :) 

• Like 2

It's not that he was 'potential', it's fine to sign a few hit-and-hopes; it's that this 'potential' was one of the most expensive midfielders in Championship history at the time of his purchase. He was worth, what, 20% of what we paid, really?

Â