Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

On 5 July 2016 at 00:32, TRO said:

i know nothing about this player....but the sheer stature alone, fills me with hope that we are looking for more power in midfield.

size is not everything, but it is a big help, when you have some presence as opposed to paperweights.

Tell my missus that mate !

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, meme said:

Tshibola doesn't look anywhere near like Elphick or Gollini. Obviously not making up the spine.

Tshibola OUT.

From a picture on Facebook he looks a bit like our own Tony Daley! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the club Aaron. Good luck, hope you help lead us back to promotion. It will be nice to have some physical presence in the midfield again, so hopefully we won't be powderpuff through the middle anymore.

Out of interest, does anybody know how to correctly pronounce his surname? Is the T a silent T?

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

T-Shi-Bola is how i'm going to pronounce it because its fun to say.

Aha, just found the Birmingham Mail article froom a week ago that reckons it is pronounced Tish-Bowl-a. I think I prefer your version though.

About Aaron Tshibola

24 minutes ago, The Villa View said:

Here's all you need to know about Aaron Tshibola in the time in takes me, to make a cup of tea. 

The Delph shirt bit made me pmsl.  Quality work.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is he wearing some sort of bra? 

It's an electronic device that tells you about the fitness of the player, the bra just keeps it in place.

reading fans view of Tish (taken from a blog site)

Despite playing fewer than 15 times for us in the league, it’s pretty clear that Aaron ‘Tish’ Tshibola is one of the brightest young talents we’ve produced in recent years. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that he could reach the same level that Gylfi Sigurdsson and Shane Long have.

We didn’t always regard him that highly. In the early stages of 2014/15, when Nigel Adkins was bringing a fair amount of youth through to the first team, Tshibola failed to stand out. In January of that season, he moved out on loan to League Two Hartlepool to help them in their tough fight against relegation. It was there that Tshibola really made his name, endearing himself to the Hartlepool fans in the 23 appearances he racked up. At the start of the next season, Steve Clarke showed a lot of faith in Tshibola by sending him straight into the first team. And, in truth, ‘Tish’ performed just as well as far more established teammates like Stephen Quinn and Oliver Norwood. Cruelly, injury cut short his season, meaning that he’d finish the season having appeared only 15 times in all competitions.

In many ways, the story of Reading’s 2015/16 campaign was one of a bright start, followed by collapse after October. Significantly, when looking back on that season, many Reading fans have attributed the collapse to the loss through injury of key players like Aaron Tshibola. Indeed, in an interview with Sky Sports’ Goals on Sunday after his sacking by the club, Steve Clarke (now assistant manager at Aston Villa of course) blamed the poor post- October showing on the loss of, amongst others, Aaron Tshibola.

So why was he such a good player for us? Certainly, he gave the midfield a lot of balance with both his physicality and composure. Physically, he’s a fine specimen, possessing power and stamina in abundance. However, he’s no crude, lumbering giant. What impressed me and many others was his technique on the ball and accurate passing.

For a 21 year-old, he’s mature beyond his years. I’m sure he’ll develop into a fine Premier League footballer.

clicky

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Villa View said:

Here's all you need to know about Aaron Tshibola in the time in takes me, to make a cup of tea. 

This is a different kitchen (and kettle) from the one about Gollini.

What do we read into that? :detect:

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

This is a different kitchen (and kettle) from the one about Gollini.

What do we read into that? :detect:

That both Matt and Dan make videos for us, and this forum account is for 'The Villa View' so when I say "..time it takes me" I'm talking as if Dan posted this message, which he didn't. This is a joint account. ;) 

3 minutes ago, The Villa View said:

That both Matt and Dan make videos for us, and this forum account is for 'The Villa View' so when I say "..time it takes me" I'm talking as if Dan posted this message, which he didn't. This is a joint account. ;) 

Ah, thanks. Thought for a moment we had another Ed Miliband "2 kitchens" scandal brewing.

Liked the touch with the Delp t-shirt, BTW!!! :)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Â