Keith Wyness

villan-scott

16 hours ago, omariqy said:

Wonder if he has been sacked?

He is the head honcho - so if that has happened - I don't think Dr T would have gone home so quickly.

My suspicion is that he, Bruce and others senior figures have been given a few days down time - and things will start to take shape next week.

• Like 3

Have we heard anything at all from Wyness? As the CEO I would expect him to communicate something with all the uncertainty the recent days.

I wonder if Tony is considering sacking him. If Bruce was Wyness appointment, and by not winning promotion, that must be regarded as a failure that Tony wont be happy with. Wyness previously said that we had plans both for promotion and for staying in the Championship, I understood we had a plan b. NOw after what Tony said, I wonder if we really have a plan b, if we have, the CEO should communicate that. If we put all our eggs in the promotion basket and now are in trouble, I must say Wyness has failed big time. If it is so, then Wyness must surely hang loose.

The problem is then, who would we get instead? Who would Tony turn to for advice on who to replace him?

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

46 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Have we heard anything at all from Wyness? As the CEO I would expect him to communicate something with all the uncertainty the recent days.

I wonder if Tony is considering sacking him. If Bruce was Wyness appointment, and by not winning promotion, that must be regarded as a failure that Tony wont be happy with. Wyness previously said that we had plans both for promotion and for staying in the Championship, I understood we had a plan b. NOw after what Tony said, I wonder if we really have a plan b, if we have, the CEO should communicate that. If we put all our eggs in the promotion basket and now are in trouble, I must say Wyness has failed big time. If it is so, then Wyness must surely hang loose.

The problem is then, who would we get instead? Who would Tony turn to for advice on who to replace him?

Was about to say this before I read your whole comment.

Seen murmuring on other forums that he stopped Tony from pulling the trigger earlier in the season.

And Tony lost his nut due to how it has turned out.

They have basically screwed him out of millions and derailed his master plan directly and indirectly pretty much.

I hope we get some more nults and bolts understanding of the situation from Wyness next week. Obviously they are not going to tell all (nothing will drive prices down further than a club desperate to sell) but as a fan base we really do need some evidence that there is a plan b and this summer is not just  going to be a fire sell both on and off the pitch. One wishy-washy statement from the owner followed by radio silence is not filling me with confidence at all tbh.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Cortese who guided Soton from League one to Prem league and brought in Pochettino is still out of work since leaving Soton as far as I can see 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

His boss has given a message, why would he need to elaborate on it?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I hope we get some more nults and bolts understanding of the situation from Wyness next week. Obviously they are not going to tell all (nothing will drive prices down further than a club desperate to sell) but as a fan base we really do need some evidence that there is a plan b and this summer is not just  going to be a fire sell both on and off the pitch. One wishy-washy statement from the owner followed by radio silence is not filling me with confidence at all tbh.

Why are we going to announce what our plan is? What other clubs do this? There are clubs in a lot worse situations than us and you don’t hear their ceos making statements.

4 hours ago, Nabby said:

Cortese who guided Soton from League one to Prem league and brought in Pochettino is still out of work since leaving Soton as far as I can see 

Cortese was instrumental in bringing success to Southampton. He ran the place with an iron fist and micro-managed everything. He helped create their meticulous scouting network and introduced some pretty radical ideas to the 1st team playing squad. 

It's odd that he's basically disappeared from the football world since he left there. 

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Wyness is happy to crow when we win but when we lose he disappears - shallow man in my opinion and xia dropped a clanger bringing him here after years out of football .

have met a few Everton fans and not one had anything good to say about him - some really despised him . 

‘I believe there was a thread on their forum full of vitriol for him . 

‘Some say Samuelson recommended him to xia but wouldn’t be surprised if true .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

We haven't had a plan B all season, so what makes us believe the naive Dr or useless Wyness gave one ? Lets just make Gabby CEO.

• Haha 1

We’re in this mess because the club decided to go for broke to get promoted. It was either be sensible but potentially spends several years in this league or go all out and if fail potentially end up in league one. They took plan a and it’s understandable they did that  but they messed it all up the first year!

now we’re just f**ked. Regardless of whether Wyness and his face stick around. 

Buts it’s only football. Let’s just enjoy the season to come regardless of how the team look. 

Keith Wyness is a good CEO in his own area of expertise which is business related. He is not a football man even though he's worked previously at Aberdeen and Everton. 

What we need (in my opinion of course) is a strong minded Director of Football with a technical grasp of how football will continue to develop over the next few years, and a head coach who can coach a positive and instinctive system of play, using fit and pacy younger players combined with a mix of experience.

Wyness should continue to administrate the club, but Round is not forward thinking enough to be our DoF. Bruce is definitely not the man to build a positive team and squad for the future.

If I were Dr T I would be looking to replace both Bruce and Round immediately, while continuing with Wyness purely on the business front.

Â