Keith Wyness

villan-scott

Just now, Andy81 said:

So Wolves’ rivals alledge something and you treat it as fact?  Let’s wait and see what comes out first ey?

just recently we were apparently paying Neves and Costa etc 60/70k now it’s 20k cus the Mail says so. 

Of course, I’d there are back door payments then that is wrong, but don’t treat it as fact just yet. 

That's entirely fair enough, I was being a bit reactionary. It's the first article out to say this, so feels like someone has gone talking to the press. How other clubs know the wages being paid I do not know, but surely if it's your job (Wyness) to account for all the money in and out of your club, then you tend to know the average worth of a player in general. Nobody would bat an eyelid if this was Burton storming it because they'd hit upon a once in a lifetime squad of over achievers.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I have to hold my hands up as a sour grapes cheerleader, however I think Wyness is right to fight Wolves on this. It is sadly true that even if we played by the same rules we'd likely waste the money on another Mcormack, so Wolves should definitely be applauded for what they have put together and for winning games - that is football. But, Wyness' job is not football in its purest form - it is to keep this ship sailing - and if he sees another club bending the rules while our club has had to stick to them rigidly then it shouldn't be that the majority should just do the same - it should be the minority rule breaker who falls in line, otherwise what is the point of the league, it loses integrity when something like this happens. It is possible that Wolves get done, or not, but if they do then Leeds and Villa's calling this out could literally get us promoted, so in my humblest of opinions I think it well worth piping up even if it comes to nothing.  

I get all that.

but I still say that if they were mid table and no threat.....not a Dickie bird would be said.....on that basis and that basis alone, I really don't like my club being associated with that kind of whinging....We have never been whingers of this sort......way back in the 20's-30's , when we were buying up all the best players ,our forefathers had to put up with all that whinging......When Ron Saunders built the 80's team, we had to play second fiddle to the big boys in the money clubs like Arsenal,Liverpool and Man U.....We just built carefully and prudently and blended very well with a great TEAM ethic.

There is an official side to all this granted, but there is also a manly side to it too.....I just don't like it.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I get all that.

but I still say that if they were mid table and no threat.....not a Dickie bird would be said.....on that basis and that basis alone, I really don't like my club being associated with that kind of whinging....We have never been whingers of this sort......way back in the 20's-30's , when we were buying up all the best players ,our forefathers had to put up with all that whinging......When Ron Saunders built the 80's team, we had to play second fiddle to the big boys in the money clubs like Arsenal,Liverpool and Man U.....We just built carefully and prudently and blended very well with a great TEAM ethic.

There is an official side to all this granted, but there is also a manly side to it too.....I just don't like it.

You cannot turn a blind eye if you think something is going on - I’m sure Wyness doesn’t just go on a hunch - an even playing field is all he’s asking for .

only time will tell what has or has  not happened .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I get all that.

Fair do's. Quite right that nobody would bother were they mid-table - but they are a direct rival to us and they have no qualms about some creative accounting, whereas our management does - I think they should stand up for those principles. Which of course is not trying to change anybody's mind of course. 

• Like 2

Keith, that “team talk” you gave Wolves before the game, y’know, the one that would get them worked up against us - I approve.

For QPR, I understand that they have had some financial issues recently. 

Just tweet something about that, or a picture of ‘Arry talking through a car window. Something like that anyway. That should do the trick.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Keith, that “team talk” you gave Wolves before the game, y’know, the one that would get them worked up against us - I approve.

For QPR, I understand that they have had some financial issues recently. 

Just tweet something about that, or a picture of ‘Arry talking through a car window. Something like that anyway. That should do the trick.

maybe if he hadn't mentioned it, it might have been 4-0:P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will be the one who advised Xia on best method to follow after relegation and has ofcourse had a big say on management and therefore style and signings. Should we be considering his position along with Bruce and Steve ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Surprised we haven't heard from Wyness - wonder what he is up to. Must have laid the figures out to Bruce ? 

Updating his CV 

Joining the Ex Villa CEO whatspp group started by Paul Faulkner 

I've thought for a long time, sticking with Bruce was more his decision than Tonys.

I've also seen other people intimate that especially in the face of what has happened this season, it has put Tony and Keiths relationship on a rocky path.

Personally I don't blame him, they have let him down.

Â