Keith Wyness

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

At the start of the season most were laughing at our recruitment of manager and players. There was a championship preview programme on five live where all the presenters and guests were giggling about how badly wrong we'd got it. Players not up to the physical nature of the league, a manager that knows f all about it, they won't like it up em, they'll be crap when it's cold and on a wet night in Barnsley. Paddy powered even tweeted out mocking us for signing Barry Douglas whereas Villa were signing John Terry. The talk of doing stuff illegal only started to surface when we were walking the league ( something we're not doing now). Steve Bruce talks of Champion's league players whereas he signed the captain of a winning champions league club whereas it was widely reported last season (in Portugal) that Neves was in tears one night as he couldn't get in Porto's champions league team.

Also, be honest here 'Aspirational project' and 'Wolverhampton' - come on, hand on heart, it's not true is it?

I'd guess that it was sold on the basis that if the club is successful and they go up, you'll get a huge pay rise and would have exposed yourself to the Premier League clubs who will be looking at signing you. If the club doesn't go up but you've done well the same applies. If it goes tit's up for you and the club i will get you a move back to Portugal.

The project in my opinion is to get exposure for the Owners FOSUN to a worldwide audience. If they get the club promoted they would have also has a return on their investment something like 10 times what they paid for the club.

5 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

I'd guess that it was sold on the basis that if the club is successful and they go up, you'll get a huge pay rise and would have exposed yourself to the Premier League clubs who will be looking at signing you. If the club doesn't go up but you've done well the same applies. If it goes tit's up for you and the club i will get you a move back to Portugal.

Dude I totally understand how this 'could' be, but it sort of defies a basic logic in football that we all know far too well, money talks. John Terry provides another example, he is on a bonus if we go up, and that bonus is public knowledge, he is then also paid the correct wages. 

I do concede on the role of the agent though - it is their job to convince a player of a move, for all sorts of reasons other than money. But I think that article said half of all players brought in are from Mendes. John Terry to Villa was rare, we still don't quite get that he is our player, but for what 12 players to turn up all believing the same 'aspirational' line? What's the common factor here other than 'aspiration'?

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Quite true, it'll be the paying them the extra through a poxy back channel via Mendes - that'll be the illegal bit. 

I honestly doubt this is happening. They know they will just get 4x their wage when promoted and the chance of a 60m move someday, with a big payoff. 

1 minute ago, Dick said:

I honestly doubt this is happening. They know they will just get 4x their wage when promoted and the chance of a 60m move someday, with a big payoff. 

Ha ha, I think I must have trust issues then. 

• Like 1

At the moment - ( albeit with virtually zero facts to go on, and minuscule knowledge of the rules !) it sounds like Performance Related Pay !

In which case I’m all for it - we’d be about £100m better off if we’d done it for a few years lol.

This is the part that confuses me, why would a player like neves want to join Wolves at 20k a week. When supposedly bigger clubs were after him, a back hander would make sense? 

Sorry for my ignorance if it comes across like that 

Edited by Lord Willard

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

This is the part that confuses me, why would a player like nerves want to join Wolves? When supposedly bigger clubs were after him, a back hander would make sense? 

Sorry for my ignorance if it comes across like that 

You cynic. It’s an aspirational project, since he was 5 Neves dreamed of one day moving to Wolverhampton and leading them to promotion glory. Who hasn’t dreamed of that!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You cynic. It’s an aspirational project, since he was 5 Neves dreamed of one day moving to Wolverhampton and leading them to promotion glory. Who hasn’t dreamed of that!

Neves is an anagram of Seven... is that relevant?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

At the start of the season most were laughing at our recruitment of manager and players. There was a championship preview programme on five live where all the presenters and guests were giggling about how badly wrong we'd got it. Players not up to the physical nature of the league, a manager that knows f all about it, they won't like it up em, they'll be crap when it's cold and on a wet night in Barnsley. Paddy powered even tweeted out mocking us for signing Barry Douglas whereas Villa were signing John Terry. The talk of doing stuff illegal only started to surface when we were walking the league ( something we're not doing now). Steve Bruce talks of Champion's league players whereas he signed the captain of a winning champions league club whereas it was widely reported last season (in Portugal) that Neves was in tears one night as he couldn't get in Porto's champions league team.

decent response that.....I said in my earlier posts " sour Grapes" and the grapes seem to be getting gradually sourer by the comment.

I just want to beat you on the pitch.....not off it.....and if we lose, I will tip my hat to you.

We as Villa Fans should just drop it.

ps It could all back fire on you, things sometimes take time to come out of the woodwork, i.e us and Randy Lerner......my advice is, just enjoy while its there.

Edited by TRO

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

I said in my earlier posts " sour Grapes" and the grapes seem to be getting gradually sourer by the comment.

I have to hold my hands up as a sour grapes cheerleader, however I think Wyness is right to fight Wolves on this. It is sadly true that even if we played by the same rules we'd likely waste the money on another Mcormack, so Wolves should definitely be applauded for what they have put together and for winning games - that is football. But, Wyness' job is not football in its purest form - it is to keep this ship sailing - and if he sees another club bending the rules while our club has had to stick to them rigidly then it shouldn't be that the majority should just do the same - it should be the minority rule breaker who falls in line, otherwise what is the point of the league, it loses integrity when something like this happens. It is possible that Wolves get done, or not, but if they do then Leeds and Villa's calling this out could literally get us promoted, so in my humblest of opinions I think it well worth piping up even if it comes to nothing.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

So this is what Wyness is on about - deliberate underpaying of players (as far as the books are concerned) in order to stay within FFP. But still, even with this huge cheating they are likely to be over FFP anyway. Unbelievable cheek to say that these players have come to Wolves (like they even know where it is) to be part of an aspirational project and will accept £20k per week. It defies all logic - footballers are greedy and go where they are paid most. 

So Wolves’ rivals alledge something and you treat it as fact?  Let’s wait and see what comes out first ey?

just recently we were apparently paying Neves and Costa etc 60/70k now it’s 20k cus the Mail says so. 

Of course, I’d there are back door payments then that is wrong, but don’t treat it as fact just yet. 

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Also, be honest here 'Aspirational project' and 'Wolverhampton' - come on, hand on heart, it's not true is it?

Yes. 

Â