Keith Wyness

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Tell that to Swindon town ,Boston , rangers, juventus etc - as Bruce said today let the authorities investigate and see where it goes - the rule change made quite  clear  that the penalties are unlimited .

I don’t trust them at all to make the correct decisions. 

1 minute ago, Dick said:

I don’t trust them at all to make the correct decisions. 

Any punishment for breach of the rules will be determined by an independent panel (the ‘Fair Play Panel’).

But what are the potential punishments? Previously the Football League has only been able to either; fine promoted clubs (a fine the Premier League didn’t help them collect), or impose a transfer embargo for historic overspending (which always like a stable-door/horse scenario). With this change, a wide range of punishments are now available. Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). Transfer embargoes are also available (with the earliest one potentially applying during the Summer 2017 Transfer window.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

31 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Leicester I think broke the rules to get themselves promoted.

A fine is hanging over their head but they do not have to pay it unless they are relegated and back under Football League management.  Not sure if there is a time limit on this fine but similar to QPR and how they were shafted when relegated

All the more reason for the EFL to investigate ASAP and apply the rules before they escape to the PL...

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Any punishment for breach of the rules will be determined by an independent panel (the ‘Fair Play Panel’).

But what are the potential punishments? Previously the Football League has only been able to either; fine promoted clubs (a fine the Premier League didn’t help them collect), or impose a transfer embargo for historic overspending (which always like a stable-door/horse scenario). With this change, a wide range of punishments are now available. Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). Transfer embargoes are also available (with the earliest one potentially applying during the Summer 2017 Transfer window.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

It’s great having rules and regulations, I just have no faith in them implementing something. They can wait and let the premier league deal with any issues.

If the Club have reasons to suspect Wolves have broken any rules then of course they should raise it.

Same goes for any Club.

But whatever is raised should be professionally, and confidentially.

I think the Retweets by Wyness are, as a minimum, unprofessional, and put us in a bad light.

Having said that , the reaction of ( some) Wolves fans is hilarious.

Its all a shame either way in the end though, all that should really be on the agenda is the prospect of two Midland Clubs Having a terrific battle at the weekend. 

How serious of a breach would it have to be for them to be bumped from automatic down to play offs? I’m guessing pretty bad... also where would they be placed in the play offs... 3rd? (therefore playing 6th)? If so that’s pretty harsh on 6th as they’re playing a team which was assembled unfairly who are bound to be better. 

Edited by alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

How serious of a breach would it have to be for them to be bumped from automatic down to play offs? I’m guessing pretty bad... also where would they be placed in the play offs... 3rd? (therefore playing 6th)? If so that’s pretty harsh on 6th as they’re playing a team which was assembled unfairly who are bound to be better. 

*In an ideal world* and if the authorities are actually going to act I'd have thought the punishment would need to reflect the advantage that was unfairly gained - so promotion = no promotion, play-off spot = no play-off spot, middling around midtable having spent far too much = points deduction that might get you relegated.

Over to the fair play panel, wouldn't want to be in their shoes, everyone is watching. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

*In an ideal world* and if the authorities are actually going to act I'd have thought the punishment would need to reflect the advantage that was unfairly gained - so promotion = no promotion, play-off spot = no play-off spot, middling around midtable having spent far too much = points deduction that might get you relegated.

Over to the fair play panel, wouldn't want to be in their shoes, everyone is watching. 

Stick em in the conference ;)

51 minutes ago, Dick said:

It’s great having rules and regulations, I just have no faith in them implementing something. They can wait and let the premier league deal with any issues.

I am hoping they do something, as it boosts our chances of promotion but I too am not holding my breath. However, based on the just reported accounts, this season's projected finances are absolutely mental - £17m club income, £24m wage bill (and probably closer to £30m), £35m on transfer fees. That's FFP busted in a single season. 

48 minutes ago, terrytini said:

If the Club have reasons to suspect Wolves have broken any rules then of course they should raise it.

Same goes for any Club.

But whatever is raised should be professionally, and confidentially.

I think the Retweets by Wyness are, as a minimum, unprofessional, and put us in a bad light.

Having said that , the reaction of ( some) Wolves fans is hilarious.

Its all a shame either way in the end though, all that should really be on the agenda is the prospect of two Midland Clubs Having a terrific battle at the weekend. 

I agree and do wonder if Wyness has now done half of Nuno's team talk for him ?

• Like 1

Hi all

I am a Wolves fan so I may be a bit bias with relation to this. Do you realise that Jorge Mendes  has 5 players who are at Wolves who are on his books of which one is currently at Wolves on Loan (Jota), In total only 2 of starting XI against Leeds were clients of Mendes.

As for payments to players being made by anyone other than the club, if this is the case then Wolves deserve to have the book thrown at them. The only evidence of this appears to be from internet rumours. 

19 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I agree and do wonder if Wyness has now done half of Nuno's team talk for him ?

If I was a player and I’d worked my bum off to get top of the league, to have it put in jeopardy by those in charge of my team, I would find that distinctly un-motivating. It’s not our fault they’ve potentially done something wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I am hoping they do something, as it boosts our chances of promotion but I too am not holding my breath. However, based on the just reported accounts, this season's projected finances are absolutely mental - £17m club income, £24m wage bill (and probably closer to £30m), £35m on transfer fees. That's FFP busted in a single season. 

They will get promoted and receive a £5m fine. That’ll be it. The EFL won’t want a case where Wolves appeal and promotion becomes messy. 

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If I was a player and I’d worked my bum off to get top of the league, to have it put in jeopardy by those in charge of my team, I would find that distinctly un-motivating. It’s not our fault they’ve potentially done something wrong. 

I absolutely agree with you - I would only suggest that the timing could have been better imo 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Hi all

I am a Wolves fan so I may be a bit bias with relation to this. Do you realise that Jorge Mendes  has 5 players who are at Wolves who are on his books of which one is currently at Wolves on Loan (Jota), In total only 2 of starting XI against Leeds were clients of Mendes.

As for payments to players being made by anyone other than the club, if this is the case then Wolves deserve to have the book thrown at them. The only evidence of this appears to be from internet rumours. 

Agreed, if we are doing that then we deserve punishment, but that's just a rumour at the moment that I've only read on this forum.

Wouldn't Jota's wage just be what Athletico were paying him?

Just now, Andy81 said:

Agreed, if we are doing that then we deserve punishment, but that's just a rumour at the moment that I've only read on this forum.

Wouldn't Jota's wage just be what Athletico were paying him?

It depends on the deal struck at the time. It could be that we are paying him more than what he was getting at Madrid and it could be the case that a loan fee was paid. Neves and Jota are young players who couldn't get in their own club sides last season so I'd imagine that their wages aren't as high as some of the internet rumours suggest.

3 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

It depends on the deal struck at the time. It could be that we are paying him more than what he was getting at Madrid and it could be the case that a loan fee was paid. Neves and Jota are young players who couldn't get in their own club sides last season so I'd imagine that their wages aren't as high as some of the internet rumours suggest.

Nice of you chaps to come on here and explain. You worried or do you think this is all a bit melodramatic?

Â