Keith Wyness

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't decide if Wyness is the villain here or the hero...

My reading is that he sensed the Doctors number was up and tried to organise a sale behind Xia's back.

We don't really know the truth yet but a club like Villa = massive opportunity for someone if gotten on the cheap. I can't imagine for one moment Wyness has any feeling for the club he walked into 2 years ago, more that he saw an opportunity to gain power and eventually make a lot of money, along with his British consortium pals AKA Simon Jordan - I never felt quite comfortable with the way Jordan was cosying up to the fans on Twitter, out of nowhere....

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't decide if Wyness is the villain here or the hero...

To me it seems like he desperate to get new investment/ownership into Villa park as he is fully aware a current chairman has no money and cant even pay the bills

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Didn't Wyness and that other fella have some previous moody dealings with Everton or was it Reading?

Both. 

I was never comfortable with Samuelson's involvement. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't trust him. 

... and Xia is hardly trust worthy either and is running this club into oblivion. Wyness at least appears to have been trying to do the right thing, get Xia out of this club.

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

To me it seems like he desperate to get new investment/ownership into Villa park as he is fully aware a current chairman has no money and cant even pay the bills

Exactly. If Xia is the bad guy here and won't put any money in and we're going under as a result, then is what Wyness doing a good thing? Trying to get investment to save the club?

It's an open question. I'm not an expert on what's happening. Guess it depends what version of events we're hearing is true and which isn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. If Xia is the bad guy here and won't put any money in and we're going under as a result, then is what Wyness doing a good thing? Trying to get investment to save the club?

It's an open question. I'm not an expert on what's happening. Guess it depends what version of events we're hearing is true and which isn't.

True - but that theory makes the most sense.

I can't believe people think Wyness was trying to help the club. The guy is as crooked as it comes and was trying to get the club sold on the cheap to pocket a windfall. 

I said earlier in the year no matter what happens to Villa Wyness will make a lot of money out of the club. I got slaughtered for it. Might even dig up some posts.

I hope those that ridiculed me see my point now.  Luckily it seems like he got rumbled. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can't believe people think Wyness was trying to help the club. The guy is as crooked as it comes and was trying to get the club sold on the cheap to pocket a windfall. 

Was he?

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

According to our mate Stan he was.  I can believe it. 

Now whether fans think him securing new owners would have been in the best interest of Villa even if that wasn't his intention then thats a different matter.  But personally I think if true, it stinks. 

I am starting to think this way also. He must know that tone aint got the money either way. Whether that be for his own bemefit or generally concerned for the club, cant make my mind up. He doesnt cone across the type who gives two hoots especially with the Everton and Aberdeen stories!

Stan isn't known for airing well-informed and nuanced views.

We don't know Wyness's motivation. Is he a greedy bastard trying to line his own pockets, or did he see a club in such a state that we couldn't even sort out paying the tax bill, and decide it's time to put the club above the owner? Possibly both. Who knows. Certainly not Bollocksmore. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No-one knows for sure the exact details, so it's pointless speculating.

Â