Keith Wyness

villan-scott

Just now, rodders0223 said:

There is always some naive owner who will be sweet talked into giving some second hand car salesman a million pound salary. It's how Arry has stayed in management the best decade.

We need to stop hiring these old **** cretins, just out for themselves.

I mentioned Christopher Samuelson in other post who no doubt recommended Wyness for the role!! These type of men take money out and only in it for personal gain!!

• Like 1

Seen something that suggests that Wyness was essentially let go after the play off final and this non payment has happened because of that. 

Probably complete bollocks, but knowing this club it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the reason.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Seen something that suggests that Wyness was essentially let go after the play off final and this non payment has happened because of that. 

Probably complete bollocks, but knowing this club it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the reason.

Did he take the card reader with him or something? :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would hold off (secretly satisfied) until all the facts are out....

To be fair I did get a bit of stick for disliking him so much and saying he would ruin us. 

On a serious note. Hope it’s all bullshit and he just gets sacked for failing as a CEO and nothing else 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

It's not like he was going to write the cheque and post it is it.

They have a team of financial people there.

Either we couldn't pay it or there is something else here

Maybe both 

On 25/01/2018 at 19:54, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fancy putting your money where your mouth is? 

On 25/01/2018 at 19:45, Vive_La_Villa said:

I haven't got a problem with his salary. Im just saying he will rake it in even if the club fails.

He will have a lot of vested interest in stadium expansion deals I can assure you. This will be his main motivation if or when we are promoted. Regardless of our current attendances. You'll see in time. 

If we don't go up this year im pretty sure we'll have a new CEO next year. 

At least Acorns will get a donation of £50 from @dont_do_it_doug.

Villa: Suspension and unpaid tax bill not connected

8f046e50-1a13-4ca6-baf5-6a5fbf3c2b3f.jpg

Mark Regan

BBC WM Sport

Aston Villa Football Club have suspended CEO Keith Wyness less than a fortnight after the Championship play-off final defeat.

The move comes at the same time as it`s emerged that Aston Villa are working together with HMRC to resolve an unpaid tax bill.

However, BBC WM now understands that the suspension of Wyness and the unpaid tax bill are in no way connected.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england-birmingham-44317376?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_wm_956&ns_linkname=english_regions&ns_fee=0#post_5b16ca4f320cad0684d7ebbe

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

With Wyness suspended, who takes care of the day to day business at the club? Can't imagine Tony doing it from China, with the time difference and all.

Good point ,  Tony is not a football man anyway and wouldn’t know his arse from his elbow . 

Â