Keith Wyness

villan-scott

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If it was Wyness who wanted Bruce because he thought in October "its still on and Bruce is the man" then thats ok by me as it seemed right at the time.

The problem I have is that there must have been a cut-off point where the board say, "didnt work - Plan B".

If we are now in a position where the consequences of Wyness sitting on a decision, waiting for the last chance Texico to rear its head before he calls, then he had to go.

The problem being, during the bad run and the failure to take the season to the wire, the pattern is set, so Bruce must turn it around at some point. If this doesnt happen Wyness's position surely must become intenable.

Appointing the right man at the right time can only have a chance if you sack the wrong guy at the right time.

After many years in the game I'm as surprised as I am disappointed that he doesnt appear to know this.

It's obviously water under the bridge now, but. We had a dream-team of King, Bernstein, Hollis and Little. I can't help but wonder what rhey would have done under DrT

Appointed David Moyes or Nigel Pearson if you believe what u read. 

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

If it was Wyness who wanted Bruce because he thought in October "its still on and Bruce is the man" then thats ok by me as it seemed right at the time.

The problem I have is that there must have been a cut-off point where the board say, "didnt work - Plan B".

If we are now in a position where the consequences of Wyness sitting on a decision, waiting for the last chance Texico to rear its head before he calls, then he had to go.

The problem being, during the bad run and the failure to take the season to the wire, the pattern is set, so Bruce must turn it around at some point. If this doesnt happen Wyness's position surely must become intenable.

Appointing the right man at the right time can only have a chance if you sack the wrong guy at the right time.

After many years in the game I'm as surprised as I am disappointed that he doesnt appear to know this.

It's obviously water under the bridge now, but. We had a dream-team of King, Bernstein, Hollis and Little. I can't help but wonder what rhey would have done under DrT

THIS.

I wanted them to stay at he time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This one is dedicated to the "You know yourselves". lol

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39962825

So stop the dramatics.

Fake news!! Has to be. As if the club have some idea of what they're doing. I'm calling bs on this whole article. 

It's obvious we're really on the verge of bankruptcy, heading towards £1 billion worth of fines for falling foul of FFP, all playing out against the background of eye-wateringly embarrassing football driven by an over-the-hill, tactical dinosaur with no idea of how the modern game of football is played. #FML.

• Like 3

My issue with Xia on all this isn't so much the notion that we have to get rid of players and streamline (we clearly do).

Only a loon would expect us to add to a squad with close to 45+ players already and not ditch some in the meantime. There's an argument to say that for every player we bring in this summer (if we take it we are targeting 3-4) we need to see three depart.  If that can be done early, then great.  But players who we want shot of might not feature too highly on other clubs shopping lists. So I would be content if it's 3-4 in and 12-15 out by the end of the window

A cursory glance at our recent history tells us that putting the idea out there that we need to sell to buy isn't healthy.   It downgrades the clubs image to the fans, media and even the type of decent players who we would hope to target to bring in and make the difference. 

• 2 weeks later...

Suspended by the FA from all footballing activities for 3 weeks..... Not ideal timing...! 

Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness has been suspended from all football and football-related activity for three weeks for misconduct via social media.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/jun/01/aston-villa-chief-executive-keith-wyness-suspended-three-week-misconduct-social-media-010617

Edited by thabucks

Bugger. Will that affect transfers and stuff? TBH I'm not exactly sure what KW does on a day to day basis, is players contracts and transfers his remit? 

Ah well, I'm sure it'll be fine. Someone else can do his role for three weeks and the transfer window is open for months.

Right then find the tweet...

edit: it sounds like someone has tweeted him a video which he's watched and retweeted what he hasn't spotted in that the video came with a derogatory comment about disabled people

old man on social media strikes again I think

and I don't be more worried if we as a club haven't got 5+ people who can step in to his role for 3 weeks during this stage of the season

Edited by villa4europe

Â