Keith Wyness

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Hold on second

Why are we calling for him to be sacked?

What has he done wrong? 

As a CEO he has done a tremendous job at this club i.e the running, commercial appointments ect.

The reality is that Steve Bruce has been given everything that he required to succeed and he has failed.. that is not Keith Wyness's fault.

It is to some extent. If you hire the wrong man you have to take some responsibility for it. 

16 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Hold on second

Why are we calling for him to be sacked?

Hold on a second - nobody is!

One poster has said he should go IF he gets the next appointment wrong whilst someone else has merely said he might not be the right person to help rebuild this club. 

• Like 1

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Hold on a second - nobody is!

One poster has said he should go IF he gets the next appointment wrong whilst someone else has merely said he might not be the right person to help rebuild this club. 

Have a scope around the forum and you will see that there a suggestions questioning his role at this club..

18 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

So what else has he done wrong at his day to day role to get sacked?

Nothing. I don't think he should get sacked

However, if we keep hiring managers that fail then ultimately his position should also be looked at. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It is to some extent. If you hire the wrong man you have to take some responsibility for it. 

He also backed the wrong man and if we don't get promoted it was a bad bad decision which we will pay for.

I felt at the time that hiring Steve Bruce was an absolute no brainer, I still do. For whatever reason Steve just hasn't been able to do the business and I don't think i will ever understand what has happened to the bloke. He never set the world alight but I thought promotion would be extremely likely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I felt at the time that hiring Steve Bruce was an absolute no brainer, I still do. For whatever reason Steve just hasn't been able to do the business and I don't think i will ever understand what has happened to the bloke. He never set the world alight but I thought promotion would be extremely likely.

Interesting that the 2 clubs he has really failed at are Sunderland and villa which are the biggest clubs he's managed - maybe it is him who cannot perform at the bigger clubs? 

Wyness went for the safe option in Bruce but is it wyness who makes the recommendation to xia or Steve round ? 

Whoever it is needs to get the next one right or we are in big trouble.

Edited by Eastie

If he's responsible for managerial appointments then he has to go, it's as simple as that. All well and good nailing the 'commercials' but if it's a disaster on the pitch then the commercials mean absolutely **** all.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he should be sacked.

Under his leadership we have regressed alarmingly. I certainly don't trust him to give Xia proper advice again.

So you are saying we are worse now than the season we finished last in the prem with one of the worst points totals ever after 5 years of regression with minimal funds put into the club? Ridiculous overreaction

3 minutes ago, decamoto said:

So you are saying we are worse now than the season we finished last in the prem with one of the worst points totals ever after 5 years of regression with minimal funds put into the club? Ridiculous overreaction

We were top of the championship when he was hired so yeah, we've regressed :P

• Haha 1

So every time the manager deserves to be sacked then the director of football deserves to be sacked for appointing the manager, then doesn't the owner need to be sacked for appointing the director football? Ridiculous. Appointing Bruce was the right decision. He's been crap that's on him alone.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

So every time the manager deserves to be sacked then the director of football deserves to be sacked for appointing the manager, then doesn't the owner need to be sacked for appointing the director football? Ridiculous. Appointing Bruce was the right decision. He's been crap that's on him alone.

Or...appointing Bruce was the wrong decision which means that's 2 managers appointed under wyness who have been terrible so his position needs looking at. No point sticking with wyness if he's as out of date as our manager when it comes to understanding the modern game and what's required be competitive and progressive.

29 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Or...appointing Bruce was the wrong decision which means that's 2 managers appointed under wyness who have been terrible so his position needs looking at. No point sticking with wyness if he's as out of date as our manager when it comes to understanding the modern game and what's required be competitive and progressive.

RDM was Xia's choice do you want him to get sacked too?

Also SB was recommended by Steve Round.

How do you know Wyness is out of date,  do you know what he does at this football club?

56 minutes ago, decamoto said:

``Under his leadership''. Did you not notice that bit.

Â