Keith Wyness

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wyness clearly believes the team will gel and results will come 

That doesn't really mean much though does it? And I'd be interested to know if he really does. We lose the next 3, will the message be the same? 

• Like 2

"he's done it 4 times."  makes me think of a statement required in adverts for investment opportunities in the states.  "past performance does not guarantee future performance."

It also reminds me that the Titanic sailed from Belfast to southhampton without incident.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That doesn't really mean much though does it? And I'd be interested to know if he really does. We lose the next 3, will the message be the same? 

I suspect you will never know the answer to that question as i cant see us losing the next 3 - in fact I think we will get 7 points from them .

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I suspect you will never know the answer to that question as i cant see us losing the next 3 - in fact I think we will get 7 points from them .

7 points Eastie! Wow I admire your confidence, a commodity I am completely out of I'm afraid and that's very unusual for me. Everything crossed that you're right, I'm struggling to find any other reason but a change of luck to end this terrible run.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eastie said:

Wyness is 10 times the man fox could ever be - they are backing Bruce so that's it - time to forget any gripes and get behind the manager and the team.

Yeah but it would be nice if we won a game or even played some decent football, can you really see people getting behind him if he relegates us and continues with the shite hes served up so far? No chance

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sne said:

The smart thing would have been to say the generic response that they have full confidence in Bruce and that he will turn it around but that he will be assessed in the summer as football is after all a result based business.

On what he should have said - I personally agree up to the bolded bit. Then just say: "The club wants stability blah blah blah" and left it at that.

He certainly didn't need to go the whole way with saying that Bruce will be here even if we get relegated. There are fans who seem to have taken that as a power challenge and some have threatened they'll be bringing out the Bruce Out banners and bedsheets. Whether they do or not is obviously another thing, and I hope they're empty threats in angry response to what Wyness has said, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the atmosphere start to turn toxic which isn't helpful at all. 

As for Wyness, I'm not confident or entirely trusting of him. I mentioned on here last week that Collymore asked the Everton fans what they thought of him. Now admittedly I didn't bother to read through the responses at the time, and on here Collymore just got a kicking without any discussion of the Evetonian's comments, but I did have a read last night, and it was worrying. I also had a look around some of their forums for stuff about Wyness and it's not pleasant reading. There are one or two who sort of think he did an okay(ish) job, but there's not much love for him at all amongst the blue half of Merseyside. 

He'll be judged on the job he does here, sure, but there are a few niggling things that are starting make me wonder.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sne said:

Really is a ridiculous and unnecessary statement to say he will remain even if we are relegated.

The amount of frankly deserved hatred Bruce would face if he got us relegated would make it impossible for him to work here anymore.

I can only assume that Bruce was someone Wyness pushed for to Xia to an degree that he made it a prestige appointment and if he was sacked so might Wyness be.

The smart thing would have been to say the generic response that they have full confidence in Bruce and that he will turn it around but that he will be assessed in the summer as football is after all a result based business.

Deserved hatred ? Oh yes, Bruce is right up there with Hitler...I think we need a little perspective.

12 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

"he's done it 4 times."  makes me think of a statement required in adverts for investment opportunities in the states.  "past performance does not guarantee future performance."

It also reminds me that the Titanic sailed from Belfast to southhampton without incident.

And here too... 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine wyness said yeah Bruce will be sacked if we don't finish x place. Be a great sign to Bruce and the players. I think he answered well to be honest. Not like that fraud fox

I don't think he had to say he would be sacked but he certainly didn't have to say he will be here no matter what. 

Not many thought fox was a fraud when he first spoke to the media and fans. I don't think we should get carried away with wyness yet. Look at the state this club still finds itself in. 

• Like 2

The negativity on this board is unbelievable. For years we complained about lack of communication from the board and we are now getting live fan phone ins.

Wyness was always going to back the manager, he's hardly going to come out slating him in public.

Stability is what the club needs and Bruce needs to stay. I agree with those saying the football we are playing is beyond poor though and if we hadn't had so many managers over the last few years I would be all for calling for Bruce's head.

If the worst was to happen and we go down (I can't see it happening), the best thing that could happen is Bruce staying with the players he has brought in to bring us back up. A new manager would create discontent among the players and many would leave.

Unfortunately this is just yet another storm we need to ride out and trust the manager, players and board that our fortunes will turn as they are promising. Hopefully beginning today.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's gone on to say that Bruce would keep his job if we went down.

Well I hope he is lying else they will be one ST Holder less next year.

Keep a Manager that gets this bunch of players relegated ? - lunacy..........why would anyone pay to watch what hapens next ?............how poor would we have to remain to get Relegated ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think he had to say he would be sacked but he certainly didn't have to say he will be here no matter what. 

Not many thought fox was a fraud when he first spoke to the media and fans. I don't think we should get carried away with wyness yet. Look at the state this club still finds itself in. 

I always had my reservations about fox. A good talker but not much foundation. His lack of experience concerned me early on but with wyness I think he can back it up and has the experience. 

14 hours ago, Eastie said:

As he said there were times when Everton fans wanted Moyes out and they were struggling but he backed him to turn it around .

The key differences being that almost from Day One Moyes started noticeably improving Everton, that Moyes didnt have the most expensively assembled Team ever in the Premier League, that Moyes was actaully wanted by a majority even in their rough patches, and that Moyeses worst season was after one of their best.

Apart from that,yes its just the same.

The very fact that Wyness even entertained the possibility we could get relegated says just how low we have sunk under Bruce, who was brought in to get us promoted. For me that indicates a gross dereliction of duty by Wyness - if he thinks we could do so poorly under Bruce between now and May, why is Bruce still here ? I mean a real reason, not this mythical 'stability/gel time' rubbish.

• Like 1

We won't get relegated, but I actually think the comments from Wyness were refreshing and I'm actually optimistic about the future and the team for next season after Bruce has had a pre-season with his players under his belt, the man clearly knows what to do whether you choose to believe that or not. 

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The negativity on this board is unbelievable. For years we complained about lack of communication from the board and we are now getting live fan phone ins.

Wyness was always going to back the manager, he's hardly going to come out slating him in public.

Stability is what the club needs and Bruce needs to stay. I agree with those saying the football we are playing is beyond poor though and if we hadn't had so many managers over the last few years I would be all for calling for Bruce's head.

If the worst was to happen and we go down (I can't see it happening), the best thing that could happen is Bruce staying with the players he has brought in to bring us back up. A new manager would create discontent among the players and many would leave.

Unfortunately this is just yet another storm we need to ride out and trust the manager, players and board that our fortunes will turn as they are promising. Hopefully beginning today.

If Bruce gets us relegated the best thing that could happen is that we keep him ?

I honestly cant beleive what one or two are thinking !!!

Oh and by the way the 'negativity' as you call it is nothing of the sort. I am very positive that if they sack Bruce we will do better. It coukd easily be argued that the negative view is the one that says the best we can do is retain a Manager who gets us relegated !!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

The key differences being that almost from Day One Moyes started noticeably improving Everton, that Moyes didnt have the most expensively assembled Team ever in the Premier League, that Moyes was actaully wanted by a majority even in their rough patches, and that Moyeses worst season was after one of their best.

Apart from that,yes its just the same.

The very fact that Wyness even entertained the possibility we could get relegated says just how low we have sunk under Bruce, who was brought in to get us promoted. For me that indicates a gross dereliction of duty by Wyness - if he thinks we could do so poorly under Bruce between now and May, why is Bruce still here ? I mean a real reason, not this mythical 'stability/gel time' rubbish.

I disagree about the Moyes comment, if I recall they were an ok team under Moyes, then had a shocker of a season, but then after time started to turn things around.

Also I think people have taken Wyness comments out of context, he doesn't think we will get relegated, more a case of whatever happens we will not be sacking Bruce because this club needs stability and a foundation to build on, something it hasn't had since Lerner lost interest and this is part of the reason this club no matter what changes it makes is still plummeting, basically this club like any work place needs stability and constant faces that the work force knows and trusts and wants to perform for. 

A very very smart phone in from Wyness, excellent work.

• Like 4

Â