Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Always like Elphick though he isnt brilliant, his last ditch block vs Brentford showed his fighting spirit

Is the story true that Bruce said he would have started Jedinak in defence if Whelan was fit?

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Always like Elphick though he isnt brilliant, his last ditch block vs Brentford showed his fighting spirit

Is the story true that Bruce said he would have started Jedinak in defence if Whelan was fit?

On the official site Bruce said Elphick played well considering he wasn't going to be playing yesterday but then Whelan got taken sick so he called Elphick in. That suggests Whelan would have been DM with Jedinak again playing CB. 

• Sad 1

What has happened to Elphick?

All I keep hearing from Bruce is he’s had a hard time since joining Villa. Then Bruce stated that if Whelan wasn’t sick he wouldn’t be playing.

Should this really be said in an interview? Elphick was quality at Bournemouth, he was a Captain. He was our Captain when he first joined. What has happened? I’m confused!!

15 minutes ago, GNeeUs said:

What has happened to Elphick?

All I keep hearing from Bruce is he’s had a hard time since joining Villa. Then Bruce stated that if Whelan wasn’t sick he wouldn’t be playing.

Should this really be said in an interview? Elphick was quality at Bournemouth, he was a Captain. He was our Captain when he first joined. What has happened? I’m confused!!

He's not very good

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

He's not very good

He had a good game yesterday, but I agree, overall he’s just not that good. Makes mistakes frequently, I don’t know if it’s a concentration issue or perhaps a confidence issue or not but most of the times he’s played he isn’t very good.

• Like 1

If Elphick is fit he should always play ahead of Jedi in Central Defence. Sheffield United proved that beyond any reasonable doubt. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

I have made comments in the past of not rating him.

He was awesome tonight and no, he can't be dropped.

I love it when players ram criticism down your throat......well done Tom and keep it up.

can't be dropped on those performances and attitude.

If JT is fit for Saturday (as the OS seems to suggest), i think I'd give Chester a rest and go with Elphick and JT. 

Not because i think Elphick is better, far from it infact, I'm a huge fan of JC, but because it both rewards Elphick for his current run of form and gives Chester a little bit of a rest. I don't think he has missed a game this season has he? 

Â