Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Tommy Elphick has joined Reading on loan for the remainder of the 2017/18 season. 

The defender moves to Berkshire having made six appearances in both league and cup this campaign, after playing 26 times for the claret and blues last term. 

Elphick started his career with hometown club, Brighton & Hove Albion before spending four years with AFC Bournemouth, skippering the Cherries to promotion to the Premier League. 

Everyone at Aston Villa would like to wish Tommy all the best during his time with the Royals.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/01/29/elphick-joins-reading-on-loan

Edited by VILLAMARV

Best of luck, for me he brought some respect and credibility back into the jersey after the laughing stock the season previous especially in defence

We are in a lot better position now and deserves some credit as captain for a professional attitude

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

sadly i think this means Tuanzebe was brought in to replace Elphick and not to play DM...

sad times...

Well Bruce said today “he has come to play and he will play “ so I don’t see why you think that .

He may provide insurance for that position with his versatility  but he is not here to sit on the bench and that is why mourinho let him come here .

DM is the area we have had  problems and I’m sure he is going to be mainly in  that role unless terry or Chester are out .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Good luck to him, seems to have a lot of passion about his football. Hopefully he can go away and get some first team football and with a bit of luck when he comes back we'll be Premier League bound and we can find him another club. Otherwise we might need him again next season.

8 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The Reading fans will be fuming when they find out he’s 4ft9

A reading supporter mate asked what’s he like, I said he’s good at this level but at 5ft 5 a bit short for his position. I was believed so hopefully a height debate on reading talk ensues. 

• Like 1

Â