Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

A reading supporter mate asked what’s he like, I said he’s good at this level but at 5ft 5 a bit short for his position. I was believed so hopefully a height debate on reading talk ensues. 

He might not be the best player but he's managed to forge a career as a centre back despite only being 3ft 4, it's pretty impressive really 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, weedman said:

He might not be the best player but he's managed to forge a career as a centre back despite only being 3ft 4, it's pretty impressive really 

Spot on. 

For a man no larger than a field mouse, he was a very decent CB. 

Good luck Tommy! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2018 at 18:30, Zatman said:

Best of luck, for me he brought some respect and credibility back into the jersey after the laughing stock the season previous especially in defence

We are in a lot better position now and deserves some credit as captain for a professional attitude

Agree with this. We needed two things when he signed. We needed an excellent centre back, and we needed a guy who would act like a professional, lead the team and put some pride into the shirt. 

He was one of those two things, at least. 

On 1/29/2018 at 19:23, Eastie said:

Well Bruce said today “he has come to play and he will play “ so I don’t see why you think that .

He may provide insurance for that position with his versatility  but he is not here to sit on the bench and that is why mourinho let him come here .

DM is the area we have had  problems and I’m sure he is going to be mainly in  that role unless terry or Chester are out .

So you honestly think that when we had only 3 CB's, we let one go right after signing Axel?

So you think SB is crazy enough to leave us with on 2 CB's?

You think less of him than i do then, and i dont think anything good about him

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He was really good when he featured for us. If we don't go up, I want him back. 

:wacko:, he was very error prone and isn't getting better with age. I fully expect he'll never play for us again and that's a good thing. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Might still have a role to play next season if we don't get promoted and belts get tightened.

Hope not although I guess Chester will probably move on if we don't go up.

Would rather invest in a young CB or two if that happens.

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hope not although I guess Chester will probably move on if we don't go up.

Would rather invest in a young CB or two if that happens.

Yeah can’t see Chester staying another season in the Championship as there will be many suitors for him in the summer but there are already young CBs ready to come in from the U23s.

Elphick should be sold or given a free in the summer. 

Â