Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Everything we have seen so far when he has played..

Would you agree he has declined further since Bruce arrived, then Terry spelling his days at B6 as numbered?

I don't see what he can now offer this team at this level based on what we have seen of him in his Villa career.

I was referring to the Millwall game specifically, so none of your post is relevant really.

Yes he is crap, yes he has declined and no I don't think he offers us anything.

I still don't see how any of that makes him look uninterested though

I don’t think he’s being intentionally crap, he’s just not very good. Mid-table Championship at best, and we need better.

He seemed dedicated early on, but I’d imagine your enthusiasm would wane if you’re frequently not in match day squads. Not his fault, not Bruce’s fault, he’s just not good enough.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was referring to the Millwall game specifically, so none of your post is relevant really.

Yes he is crap, yes he has declined and no I don't think he offers us anything.

I still don't see how any of that makes him look uninterested though

I see.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think he’s being intentionally crap, he’s just not very good. Mid-table Championship at best, and we need better.

He seemed dedicated early on, but I’d imagine your enthusiasm would wane if you’re frequently not in match day squads. Not his fault, not Bruce’s fault, he’s just not good enough.

Exactly. he's always come across as perfectly professional imo. 

Just because he is shit doesn't mean he's not interested. I think people are just making that up because they don't like him.

• Like 1

Elphick has gone backwards under Bruce as have quite a few players - looks shot of confidence and almost afraid of how big the club is - we’ll out of his comfort zone .

Edited by Eastie

Very good game today Tommy. You'll lose your place when Terry is back, but until then keep going the way you did tonight.

Did you guys notice him encouraging our players in the darker moments of tonight's game? I must say I liked it. He wants to be a leader.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Well played and pity wasn’t starting last Saturday 

Yes I agree as I think had he have done we'd be a couple of points better off now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Fair play to him he has really stepped up to the plate. Today was a tough test but him and Chester had all four of the front men Boro used in their pockets.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Very good game today Tommy. You'll lose your place when Terry is back, but until then keep going the way you did tonight.

Did you guys notice him encouraging our players in the darker moments of tonight's game? I must say I liked it. He wants to be a leader.

Yep.

Hopefully puts to bed the nonsense earlier in the thread about him not caring, based on literally nothing.

• Like 1

Agreed he had a solid game for us today but he needed that as he has been pretty calamatus since he's  been here.  

Saying he should have started on Saturday is all well and good but he's had his fair amount of chances, he wasn't 5th choice for nothing.

More performances like this and I'll come round but I'm still nervous every time he goes for a ball.

Elphick was solid. Had rudy and assombaloga in his pocket most of the match. I actually think he should be ahead of samba. He is a leader and for me be kept now. We need a dm more as whelan is hopeless. 

A dm and a striker please and maybe a keeper if johnstone ia recalled 

Â