Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, tismyk said:

If he carries on like this I might buy some shares in a bandage company

Tony Xia is about to sell one for about £800m profit to be used to help fund next year's PL campaign. I've seen the cheque. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Elphick apparently made all players of the bench go applaud the fans,ayew was going to go straight to changing room but he made everyone go.

this guy is a villa legend in the making 

This is what we have lacked the last few years. A real captain.

Its nice to see us buying leaders. If Jedinak joins, along with Elphick and McCormack, we will have leaders down the spine of the team

3 hours ago, westholmevillan said:

How was his general performance today?  I can see that he's a great leader. What about his positional sense, timing of tackles etc?

It was fine, but I would stress that Rotherham were so atrocious that there was quite little for him or Chester to do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

he apparently did it once and his team won.. so carried on doing it as a good luck charm.

It's not a superstition thing at all. He's too bright for that. It's a psychological thing for him and him alone, it puts him in game mode. It's not like Ellis and his Santa hat!

He's such a **** warrior. He'll go down a legend at this rate. I'd already love to meet him and pick his brains, I feel like he'd change my life. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Exactly what we were talking about the other day @TRO eh, the Aston Villa way.

This guy gets it.

Yes, perhaps my comments/ observations were premature.

Elphick and Chester look like they could be a bedrock for other player improvements to be inspired from.

I know its only Rotherham, but we can only play who is in front of us.....and we did it well

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Yes, perhaps my comments/ observations were premature.

Elphick and Chester look like they could be a bedrock for other player improvements to be inspired from.

I know its only Rotherham, but we can only play who is in front of us.....and we did it well

I think you were spot on. He's one player and today was one game, I don't expect a team of Elphick's but he's a bloody good start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blunther said:

I think I love him. Already my favourite player since Laursen and Olof. 

From reading the latest comments he's on route to achieving "Scandinavian Status" :D 

Â