Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Spoke to a Bournemouth season ticket holder today. He said Elphick is a great signing for us and will lead well. He did add the caveat that he was found out at Premier League level but since we arent in the Premier League that's of no consequence! 

I wouldn't be drawing parallels with McGrath but I think he could be another Laursen, and given what we have been used to lately that will be a welcome relief. 

Whoa there - let's not start mentioning names like Laursen with a guy who didn't cut it at prem level. Laursen was one of the best CBs in the league when he was uninjured. 

I do like Elphick though and I think he'll prove to be an important signing for us.

• Like 2

He was the best thing I saw all game against Wednesday. I'd been told he was a solid signing for us in the Championship but was impressed by his determination and leadership, I just got the impression there were some players on that pitch who weren't that bothered. 

19 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Spoke to a Bournemouth season ticket holder today. He said Elphick is a great signing for us and will lead well. He did add the caveat that he was found out at Premier League level but since we arent in the Premier League that's of no consequence! 

I wouldn't be drawing parallels with McGrath but I think he could be another Laursen, and given what we have been used to lately that will be a welcome relief. 

He was injured for most of the season, so I am not sure how he was found out. Perhaps with more games he might've found it a little easier.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Elphick apparently made all players of the bench go applaud the fans,ayew was going to go straight to changing room but he made everyone go.

this guy is a villa legend in the making 

its a small thing but when watching game he was one of his 1st over to congratulate Luton bench the other night. classy guy

• Like 1

Â