Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Overall a very positive recommendation for approval. A few comments-

The travel data is interesting- though we don't have 3pm k-o's anymore lol. Nearly 60% arrive by car which is far to high, and 3% for bus which is abysmal. The proposed bus service from Frederick Road will help get the majority of fans back to the city centre and beyond.

Didn't realise that the tramway depot is grade II listed. Aston is a historic place and should be proud of it.

The actual square meters of the Villa Live building is smaller than the current Villa Village and academy building, which shows the inefficient use of space at the moment. Villa must be losing some office space so not sure where some of the staff will move to- work from home?!

Where do the current away coaches park- is it over the witton road next to the tramway depot? I would like to see where the alternative would be. At present it is a short distance from the away section and the police may have a say on the matter if it ends up being 5-10 mins walk away

Says match day will try to route crowds away from Aston Hall. Hope that means that is not going to be closed for a walk around before kick off. The connection between the hall and the stadium is a long standing and historic one.

Overall it is looking promising and clearly the club has engaged with the council throughout the process. 

I suspect the new North Stand has more office space. Plus they are moving the players facilities into the new stand creating plenty of space in The Trinity that could possibly house offices. 

On office space, the Villa Live plans have a whole level for commercial - so I expect it will be there.  In terms of timing, I re-watched one of the Christian Purslow interviews on this - and he said two years from the submission of the planning application - that was September 2022 - so completely delivered by the start of the 24/25 season?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Probably the most relevant place for this but this looks intriguing.

A revamp is definitely needed but I fear it could be chaos to begin with.

Does feel like it’s chaos waiting to happen and how on earth are they going to monitor the drink command section? 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I thought there was an 11 o’clock meeting today, during which a planning decision is being made. Is it me just not understanding the grinding pace of council meetings or have I got the date wrong?

It is next Thursday.  Papers published for it yesterday.

1 hour ago, andycv said:

On office space, the Villa Live plans have a whole level for commercial - so I expect it will be there.  In terms of timing, I re-watched one of the Christian Purslow interviews on this - and he said two years from the submission of the planning application - that was September 2022 - so completely delivered by the start of the 24/25 season?

I think that is the plan though with projects like this it is always a bit ish on timings. As long it isn't as slow as Fulham's new stand which has seemed to have taken forever.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Big thanks to @OutByEaster? and the rest of the Mod team for working with the club on this and continuing to ensure that in all dealings with the club, VT speaks on behalf of its members and doesn't have its own POV.

@limpid in particular was adamant that if we were to offer a letter of support, it would need to be backed up with proof from the members that they do indeed support it.

Sadly, even as Mods, we don't get to see who voted for what and so can't out the person who wasn't in favour 😂

We could probably hazard a few guesses though

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Big thanks to @OutByEaster? and the rest of the Mod team for working with the club on this and continuing to ensure that in all dealings with the club, VT speaks on behalf of its members and doesn't have its own POV.

@limpid in particular was adamant that if we were to offer a letter of support, it would need to be backed up with proof from the members that they do indeed support it.

Sadly, even as Mods, we don't get to see who voted for what and so can't out the person who wasn't in favour 😂

From what I recall it was a bit like one of those votes for Putin though.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on who was the 287th person to vote against it 😂

A visionary who hasn’t given up on the theme park dream. A man or woman, who’s prepared to ride this rollercoaster right to the very end. I salute you 287!

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

They’re not out and out stating it, but I reckon the BBC would also be interested in finding out the identity of “VillaTalker 287” -

BBC link

;)

In a survey held by online fan website Villa Talk, all 287 responders except one Leeds fan voted in support of the scheme. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â