Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Haven’t been to VP in ages.  Is the tunnel under the train tracks at the beginning of the video existing or going to be a new build? 

Yeah, a new tunnel linking the academy and new Witton Station entrance to Villa Park 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

What is the predicted time scale for this? 

I imagine it’ll begin at the seasons end and potentially take most of next season to complete.

looks fantastic though. 

I'm not sure but I think I read it'll begin after this season and we'll be at reduced capacity for two seasons afterwards.

• Thanks 1

That new walk from the academy site to VP looks absolutely amazing, although they'll have to build a bridge over the river and a tunnel under the railway in order to extend the road. Quite a bit of work there!

Of course, in real life, you'll still be walking down the back streets of Witton... No matter how many pendants they drape the streetlights with.

The bridge is interesting - I'm not sure it's actually in the planning permission that's been granted today and I have a feeling it'll be down to the Mayor's ability to get the railways authorities moving. That it has been featured in the video is very encouraging though!

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The bridge is interesting - I'm not sure it's actually in the planning permission that's been granted today and I have a feeling it'll be down to the Mayor's ability to get the railways authorities moving. That it has been featured in the video is very encouraging though!

I wondered about that. I don't remember seeing it anywhere else. Maybe that whole walk is a future phase?

• Like 1

I think they'll want the tunnel under the railway pdq because otherwise it's a big diversion between The Academy and Villa Park. They'll want it at seamless as possible. 

Also there were lots of conditions which all had to be met, without reading back I'm pretty sure the new station entrance which would need this tunnel is one of them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dumb question, but this is phase 1, right?

What does phase 2 involve? The Doug Ellis stand?

Phase 2 is more minor remodeling of The Witton Lane Stand I believe, only creating a few extra seats 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Phase 2 is more minor remodeling of The Witton Lane Stand I believe, only creating a few extra seats 

It must be more than a few. Phase two is discussing about 52-53,000 capacity so it would be about 2 to 3 extra thousand. But to start off with we have a massive new north stand to look forward to. Exciting times.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

It must be more than a few. Phase two is discussing about 52-53,000 capacity so it would be about 2 to 3 extra thousand. But to start off with we have a massive new north stand to look forward to. Exciting times.

That's what I meant. Its not a wholesale rebuild to take us to 60,000 or something. 

• Thanks 1

Â