Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

On 01/10/2022 at 18:17, The Fun Factory said:

Quite surprised its both the upper doug ellis and upper holte they are thinking of putting rail seats in. I am sure when it was first mentioned under Faulkner it was to be in the corner of the lower holte.  The upper Doug Ellis has a narrow concourse already and I can't see any extension of capacity in its current guise, unless they are thinking of going over Witton Road like the Trinity.

Not surprised at the Holte, but I agree the upper DE is a surprise. Obviously away fans (I presume) will still take up a small part of the upper DE but the idea of the whole upper DE and the entire Holte (95% of which already does anyway) standing for 90 minutes can surely only improve the VP atmosphere tenfold. 😍

16 minutes ago, wedge said:

Not surprised at the Holte, but I agree the upper DE is a surprise. Obviously away fans (I presume) will still take up a small part of the upper DE but the idea of the whole upper DE and the entire Holte (95% of which already does anyway) standing for 90 minutes can surely only improve the VP atmosphere tenfold. 😍

I can’t wait for it, will do a lot to help the deflated atmosphere since covid. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Because they don't give a crap and just want a kick about on a proper football pitch. A tragedy would happen when a fan takes a video of overweight middle aged MPs fall over a football and media publishes it.

The video of an overweight middle aged Boris Johnson trying to play football yet rugby tackling a German player, didn't exactly hinder his career!

16 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Why not just still conduct the tour?

Because much of the tour is spent in and around the area of the changing rooms - I don't think any parent would thank for you their child having to bear the sight of some Tory grandee's bare arse as part of their big day out - there's also time spent in the dugout which would have been occupied with Conservative party members desperately failing to organise something again.

It was a really poor bit of planning on the clubs part and I can see why people were furious - the club offered them the chance to go on the later tour that day if they could wait three hours and I believe have promised them a "special" tour by way of apology, all of which is good, but to have simply forgotten about them when they rented the ground out to the Eton scumbags is really poor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Because much of the tour is spent in and around the area of the changing rooms - I don't think any parent would thank for you their child having to bear the sight of some Tory grandee's bare arse as part of their big day out - there's also time spent in the dugout which would have been occupied with Conservative party members desperately failing to organise something again.

It was a really poor bit of planning on the clubs part and I can see why people were furious - the club offered them the chance to go on the later tour that day if they could wait three hours and I believe have promised them a "special" tour by way of apology, all of which is good, but to have simply forgotten about them when they rented the ground out to the Eton scumbags is really poor.

Would that be with a Villa legend like Morley, Cowans etc. 

Anything less then I would tell em to do one

On 02/10/2022 at 20:47, Demitri_C said:

Dont think they should bother with the stadium upgrade if the long term plan is gerrard stays. Can see fans not being arsed to go anymore after watching this garbage each week.

There is literally no excitement 

Mate, that's an absolutely ridiculous statement. Gerrard will be well gone by the time the North Stand has been built and you can put money on our owners not making a mistake with who the next manager will be. He'll be top notch. Only fools make the sam error twice and our owners are not fools!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

In keeping with the usual linking of results with stadium redevelopment, we now need to rip up those plans and go for 60,000! 😜

We are going for 60K, this is just the first stage.

18 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

52-53,000 is the end goal, it's in the planning application.

Phase 1 of the development, which is what we have applied for currently. The intention is eventually to raise the capacity again to 60k. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Phase 1 of the development, which is what we have applied for currently. The intention is eventually to raise the capacity again to 60k. 

I think that is somewhat more of an aspirational target at the moment. We could well reach 52-53k by the end of the decade which is a significant uplift in our 41k and a bit current capacity.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think that is somewhat more of an aspirational target at the moment. We could well reach 52-53k by the end of the decade which is a significant uplift in our 41k and a bit current capacity.

Yes I think you’re probably right. Everything, not surprisingly, depends on what happens on the pitch. If we’re doing well, competing regularly in Europe and in the latter stages of the domestic cups then a further increase makes sense. 

42 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Phase 1 gets us to 50,000 I think.  If my memory is failing, blame my two young children for making sleep such a luxury!

We’d have to give away free tickets like they do/used to do up at Sunderland to fill the ground if capacity was too big. I think we’d struggle to hit 60k even if we broke into top 4 . It was only the other week posters were saying cancel plans for the ground extension because we won’t keep filling 41k.  I think  Newcastle used to or still do give thousands of tickets out to kids for free. 50k is more than enough for now and I can’t see that changing in all honesty unless something drastically exciting happens.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We’d have to give away free tickets like they do/used to do up at Sunderland to fill the ground if capacity was too big. I think we’d struggle to hit 60k even if we broke into top 4 . It was only the other week posters were saying cancel plans for the ground extension because we won’t keep filling 41k.  I think  Newcastle used to or still do give thousands of tickets out to kids for free. 50k is more than enough for now and I can’t see that changing in all honesty unless something drastically exciting happens.

Free tickets for kids is not a bad idea actually. Regardless of capacity.

EDIT: I mean a limited number of free tickets. 

Edited by sparrow1988

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Free tickets for kids is not a bad idea actually. Regardless of capacity.

EDIT: I mean a limited number of free tickets. 

Newcastle I think had 8k child season tickets for a quid a go or something daft like that . 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Newcastle I think had 8k child season tickets for a quid a go or something daft like that . 

I wouldn’t be opposed to that to be honest. Make them feel part of something from a young age.

And also, much like the Catholic Church opposing contraception. You’ve got to keep one eye on future revenue streams.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

Â