Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure what spurs do with their single tier stand but that's a lot of boxes and corporate space being knocked on the head if we did that 

The Witton boxes could be replaced with premium seating and lounges… It was just mentioned a few times on the VP redevelopment thread. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure what spurs do with their single tier stand but that's a lot of boxes and corporate space being knocked on the head if we did that 

Individual boxes are not at all in Vogue. Companies don't want to spend the cash on them and they take up a lot of space per head of occupancy.  That's why a lot of the North Stand ones were knocked through into a big lounge instead. 

On 25/08/2022 at 12:02, Davkaus said:

Exactly.

I said this a few weeks ago, it's a **** terrible name, it gives you absolutely no idea wtf it is. Without context I thought we'd renamed Villa TV or something. 

All looks very impressive, so moaning about the name is a bit nitpicky, but they should really change it before we're stuck with it.

I completely agree.

Imo, as it's basically Villa's version of Box Park we should just take our cue from that and call it Villa Park.

On 19/09/2022 at 16:11, sidcow said:

Sorry, I wasn't disputing what you heard, I was just saying Preece is either just talking bollocks or someone is winding him us. They will never ever ever build a monorail from Villa Park to Aston Station.  For a start off the monorail he talks about at Birmingham Airport isn't even a monorail, hasn't been for decades.

It's far to short a distance to build a people mover, it would be quicker to just walk there than wait for thousands of others to hop on the rammed carriages.  They work for thousands of people moving over a number of hours but not thousands of people all turning up at the same time wanting a ride. 

And way too coatly to build something that expensive and complex that's only used 25 odd times a year.  It's madness, would never work. 

Strangely, I was at the Villa Park tour with Ashley Preece and I heard it too from the tour guide.  The monorail was to go above the canal from Birmingham Airport if my memory serves but it was said as something that could happen at some point in the distant future.

11 minutes ago, matteyp said:

The monorail was to go above the canal from Birmingham Airport

Am I missing something here? This to me makes no sense whatsoever. Who are the customers at B'ham Int who would want this service? According to Google currently there are 304 trains a day into New Street. 

1 hour ago, matteyp said:

Strangely, I was at the Villa Park tour with Ashley Preece and I heard it too from the tour guide.  The monorail was to go above the canal from Birmingham Airport if my memory serves but it was said as something that could happen at some point in the distant future.

A transit system from Villa Park to The Airport is a different kettle of fish to one just to Aston Station. 

Still fanciful though. Monorails are horrendously expensive and pretty much always fail. An extension of the Tram System would be much much more sensible and achievable. 

• Like 1

Again, according to Google, there are 83 trains a day between B'ham Int and Aston ???

Now a rapid transit system into town from Villa Park makes more sense. I can have a drink in town with my mates from Bordesley ... mate.  And then I can catch a train to the shires afterwards.  Mate!

On 23/09/2022 at 13:39, thabucks said:

One thing which has been mentioned a couple of times of Skyscrapercity is the possibilities a redeveloped Witton stand be changed to single tier to match up with the New north  stand lower tier. Not sure if the rakes will match up but it’s an interesting suggestion. 

Wouldn't it be easier to flatten it and start again if you tried to do that.  Really if they want truly 21st century hospitality down wItton lane they will need a lot more space and would have to go over the road.  I am still looking at the DE/Holte End corner and thinking something could be done there if emergency access could be done in the new north stand corner.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 18/05/2016 at 19:16, Phumfeinz said:

From Randy Lerner's farewell drivel:

Jumping the gun?  Perhaps filling our current capacity first should be a priority?

I for one however would welcome an update to the North Stand, that dour old 70's office block that doesn't even reach the corner flags is in dire need of a facelift.

If only @Phumfeinz was still posting to witness the fruits of his labour. 

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It would need a change in the law for it to exceed the current 1:1 ratio… In Germany it’s 1:1.8 

Which you couldn't do in the holte anyway because it would give you problems with the fire exits and number of toilets, disabled spaces etc etc 

I don't see any existing stand in the Premier league being converted to 1:1.8, it would be near impossible due to the building regs, would be interesting to know what future proofing spurs put in their place 

Agree with the above. The facilities are just about managing with the current capacity. I presume it would be for the lower holte only which has less concourse and more capacity than the upper already.  The lower must hold about 8,000 so I just can't see it being safe with 14,400 in.

Just thought though that in the North Stand application they showed a void underneath the stand- any chance of opening that up, or maybe merging the holte suite with the concourse?

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â