Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Just thought though that in the North Stand application they showed a void underneath the stand- any chance of opening that up, or maybe merging the holte suite with the concourse?

Opening that up is definitely part of phase 2 - what it will be opened up to I'm not entirely clear on, but they want to be able to drive a truck into that void under the Holte End from the road when they use it as the backstage area on concerts.

The latest astonvilla.wtf newsletter has an interesting update on frictionless kiosks and rail seating. https://www.astonvilla.wtf/p/timings-for-exciting-holte-end-changes?utm_source=email

Frictionless Lower Holte Beers

As I mentioned last month in AVWTF, Villa will be introducing a frictionless kiosk in the Lower Holte End, but now I have a date for you. It’s slated to open for the Villa Park clash against Leicester City, currently scheduled for Saturday 4th February.

The club will begin work to install the kiosk, which is thought to have cost them in the region of half-a-million pounds, during the World Cup period. It’s then expected to take four weeks in the new year to install all the required cameras that are integral to the system.

The idea of the frictionless Tap & Go kiosk is you scan your bank/credit card to access the kiosk, shop for items (pour your own beer or pick a pre-poured beer) and then have your desired goods tracked and placed into a virtual basket.

Apparently, it should take a fan 15 seconds to make such a transaction, compared to the current recorded average of 48 seconds (more like five minutes plus!).

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Quite surprised its both the upper doug ellis and upper holte they are thinking of putting rail seats in. I am sure when it was first mentioned under Faulkner it was to be in the corner of the lower holte.  The upper Doug Ellis has a narrow concourse already and I can't see any extension of capacity in its current guise, unless they are thinking of going over Witton Road like the Trinity.

Just seen on Twitter, the people that have booked a tour today have been turned away as the Tory mp’s are playing on the pitch against the lobby, piss poor to do that 

Edited by rbcuk

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen on Twitter, the people that have booked a tour today have been turned away as the Tory mp’s are playing on the pitch against the lobby, piss poor to do that 

I saw this on Reddit -- someone in /r/avfc posted their account of it. If it's as described it's pretty disgusting to be honest.

Dont think they should bother with the stadium upgrade if the long term plan is gerrard stays. Can see fans not being arsed to go anymore after watching this garbage each week.

There is literally no excitement 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The club needs to increase revenue if we want to play with the big boys . That means ticket price increase and more hospitality. It’s crap I know but it’s the premier league and just the way football is nowadays . The owners are pumping a lot of money into the club to try and take us to the next step . I think every home game will probably make general sale this season. If we aren’t challenging in the top half I think we’ll struggle to sell out 50k with current prices. I do think season tickets will sell out but the cost for single match tickets will be a struggle to sell out in our current form. Saying that other clubs like Everton are selling out home games weeks in advance at similar prices to ours and they like us haven’t got much to shout about . 

• Like 2

Why not just still conduct the tour? I get that we've got corporate and political responsibilities but just get someone to walk the fans around and get them on the pitch at half time or whenever. Bizarre that they had to be turned away. Surely if some MPs are playing some of the press in a friendly match, they actively want people watching it? Otherwise what's the point?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Why not just still conduct the tour? I get that we've got corporate and political responsibilities but just get someone to walk the fans around and get them on the pitch at half time or whenever. Bizarre that they had to be turned away. Surely if some MPs are playing some of the press in a friendly match, they actively want people watching it? Otherwise what's the point?

if they didn't tell the fans on the tour what was going on id doubt most of them would know who the **** these MPs are, bunch of randoms playing football 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Because they don't give a crap and just want a kick about on a proper football pitch. A tragedy would happen when a fan takes a video of overweight middle aged MPs fall over a football and media publishes it.

Â