Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Haha, put a spanner in the works at Vile Talk voting against the extension of one of the four sheds at Vile Park. Was in town last night and we had a right laugh at the Vilers trying to work out in the Shires who the spy is amongst them

SOTV

mate 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Haha, put a spanner in the works at Vile Talk voting against the extension of one of the four sheds at Vile Park. Was in town last night and we had a right laugh at the Vilers trying to work out in the Shiites who the spy is amongst them

SOTV

mate 

Wrong forum , eeeps

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everton's new stadium is looking really good halfway through its construction - I can't wait for our project to start.

Me too.  I am also keen to see the phase 2 plans - and the Master Plan.  I would be really interested to see what the proposal is for the Doug Ellis Stand.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

And pissing off 3/4 of their traditional fanbase. 

Most Evertonians have consistently supported any move from Goodison given its not fit for purpose and there is no room to expand. A minority want to stay but it wasn't going to happen. They have ended up with a far better stadium and location compared to the giant Tesco shed they were planning in Kirby. 

Anyway back to Villa I actually quite like we are one of the few remaining big clubs that have stayed put. And some of that is down to Doug who bought up virtually all of the original lower grounds land (basically villa village and the academy building) in the 80s and 90s. If we didn't have the land we would be screwed. He still messed up on the Trinity though.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I hope it was worth Liverpool losing is Unesco status.

Probably was. Cities exist for their people, to be functional liveable spaces for those who live there, not an unchanging memorial to the past. We're not talking about bulldozing the pyramids here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Most Evertonians have consistently supported any move from Goodison given its not fit for purpose and there is no room to expand. A minority want to stay but it wasn't going to happen. They have ended up with a far better stadium and location compared to the giant Tesco shed they were planning in Kirby. 

Anyway back to Villa I actually quite like we are one of the few remaining big clubs that have stayed put. And some of that is down to Doug who bought up virtually all of the original lower grounds land (basically villa village and the academy building) in the 80s and 90s. If we didn't have the land we would be screwed. He still messed up on the Trinity though.

It can only go so far though. Any further drastic expansion when we start conquering Europe will either require the pitch to be lowered to add in more seats, or, moving elsewhere. Not that it will happen in my lifetime, but I can’t see how it would ever be possible to go to say 70k at our current location. 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

It can only go so far though. Any further drastic expansion when we start conquering Europe will either require the pitch to be lowered to add in more seats, or, moving elsewhere. Not that it will happen in my lifetime, but I can’t see how it would ever be possible to go to say 70k at our current location. 

70 thousand? Good grief. I would say only United could carry that amount of attendance in the entire country. We  haven't had 50 thousand for nearly 45 years, and the club has plans to further expand to 52 to 53 thousand. I would say that is plenty enough. Anything larger it becomes an arena than a football ground. A few years ago we were bumping along at 32 thousand.

We could certainly rebuild The Witton Lane stand to get to 60,000 odd as has been discussed extensively in this thread. 

Could probably rebuild The Holte for more seats as well, but that's another lifetime away. 

Need The Midland Metro down there first too. 

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

We could certainly rebuild The Witton Lane stand to get to 60,000 odd as has been discussed extensively in this thread. 

Could probably rebuild The Holte for more seats as well, but that's another lifetime away. 

Need The Midland Metro down there first too. 

I thought that the club had already mentioned the possibility of work on the Holte as part of the next phase to increase capacity beyond 60K?

Â