Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Seems there are a few different versions

Xia (red sky) or Xia (summer)

which roughly sounds like sha or she-ya

I am sure his name could be sung to "que sera" then

Ok......... i am a little concerned. 

Tony Xia - was known to do a few shady deals earlier in his career to get where hes at......... not a big issue...... i get it...

Together with Wyness who Everton fans hate and that Samuelson fella............ i am a little concerned about Xia's motives.. surely he knows their background.... what is the plan?

I just have a bad feeling about this. Could be the 'nothing good happens to Villa' mentality. 

Time will tell i guess. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KSV said:

Ok......... i am a little concerned. 

Tony Xia - was known to do a few shady deals earlier in his career to get where hes at......... not a big issue...... i get it...

Together with Wyness who Everton fans hate and that Samuelson fella............ i am a little concerned about Xia's motives.. surely he knows their background.... what is the plan?

I just have a bad feeling about this. Could be the 'nothing good happens to Villa' mentality. 

Time will tell i guess. 

Citation needed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

Let's be positive, we've been negative for far too long. 

I think we've had it drilled into us. Expect nothing and you won't be upset when you get sod all. I think we need a period of things going well for the club for the positivity to return.

I think we've had it drilled into us. Expect nothing and you won't be upset when you get sod all. I think we need a period of things going well for the club for the positivity to return.

I chose to be positive all the time. I'd rather be positive and risk having that brief moment of disappointment, than be negative the whole time.

Just now, mykeyb said:

It's really difficult to know 100% how legit Dr Tony is and that's a major concern

Worst case, he's another well-intentioned idiot. it's not like there's anything to asset strip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I chose to be positive all the time. I'd rather be positive and risk having that brief moment of disappointment, than be negative the whole time.

If you're positive all the time you end up sleepwalking off the cliff thinking that somebody will build a bridge before you get there. I was exactly the same as you, never again. 

That doesn't mean you have to be negative all the time however, there is a middle ground. I'm absolutely over the moon this morning, dead excited! Now isn't the time for caution, I'm going to enjoy the **** moment. Lord knows we've earned it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Speculation is of little help......we need to wait and see how it all unfolds.

This is true, and is my stance on the matter at this moment in time. I am cautioulsy optimistic for better times as let's be honest with Lerner at the helm things were going from bad to worse, but the proof is going to be in the actions Dr Xia takes to improve our fortunes. We don't know what he has planned just yet, we don't know what funding he is putting into the club or whether his big connections will help secure us some lucrative sponsorship deals to allow us to compete at the very top again? Hopefully he has all of that in place, and we have got to hope Hollis looked into his plan before agreeing the sale. If he did, and has those things lined up then hopefully good times are just around the corner.

• Like 1

Â