Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Googled him.

First result

31b19a3b725e1b5caa1157d3fc6b7e79.jpg

Obsessed. And weird.

We have a 628 page thread about them on here, we can hardly take the piss on that front.

Just now, Davkaus said:

We have a 628 page thread about them on here, we can hardly take the piss on that front.

That thread is 8 years old. About 75 pages a year. That's really not very much.

He has businesses worth billions, yet a personal wealth of supposedly 100 million. Clearly someone who isn't greedy, keeps his business and personal finances separate and basically seems an extremely smart and sensible guy.

Too good to be true?

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That thread is 8 years old. About 75 pages a year. That's really not very much.

You can bet we'd be adding a few pages on to it tonight if a takeover was on the cards, though.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He has businesses worth billions, yet a personal wealth of supposedly 100 million. Clearly someone who isn't greedy, keeps his business and personal finances separate and basically seems an extremely smart and sensible guy.

Too good to be true?

Where you seeing these figures?

Just now, Davkaus said:

You can bet we'd be adding a few pages on to it tonight if a takeover was on the cards, though.

Possibly. Enough to be the number one result on Google?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Possibly. Enough to be the number one result on Google?

It's not even on the front page for me, Google display different results to different people though. Anyway, that's enough thinking about the unwashed for one week. :P 

From my googling I can find very little business info about this lad but from Lerner's statement and the PHD thing it seems as he is something of an architect and a genius.

A young Harvard professor to give West Point Fixed minor

Xia Jian System: 25 years old, was born in Quzhou, Zhejiang Province. Harvard University Master of Business Information Management Architecture and Design Science Ph.D.
Bit, now the youngest professor at Harvard University, he served as executive vice president of the United States XWHO design consultancy, design and co-Ivy
Institutions (Harvard professor of more than 20 joint investment company) CEO. Research topics include digital urban landscape, GIS
And network GIS, Eastern and Western cultures and landscapes, and so on. He proposed "About dynamic landscape planning and design theory" is modern King
Concept planning new theoretical model design. He has participated in a number of cities of regulation presided Germany, Britain, Israel, Egypt and the United States
Project planning and design awards.

Sitting opposite me in the summer to build a unified vice precocious appearance, and no wunderkind frivolous. I do not know why, looking at him, brain
Yard suddenly emerge out of "Kingdoms" in the words: "Way back when the public would like, Joe married early, majestic high spirit, guam
Towel, laughing mast scull ashes ...... "Summer build system is just the wedding, however, is different from the public would like, he was very calm.

Hangzhou should be invited, only 25-year-old landscape design expert command of the summer to build more than 20 graduate students at Harvard University, will be used for two months a year
Time, West Lake in Hangzhou planning as a whole. This summer to build the system to reporters about some of his initial ideas.

Future city planning, in the strict sense is called "Landscape Architecture." This discipline in China is very fresh. According to the traditional thinking
Victoria understood that landscape architecture is talking about garden design, such as the Suzhou gardens, royal garden design. We are talking landscape provided
Meter, is a larger scale, such as the environment of the whole country, an urban environment, or in a city environment for the community
Comprehensive design.

Although the characteristics of each city is different, but the same basic steps of planning and design. Have accurate information, to grasp the pulse of a city development
Stroke foundation. The first step in Hangzhou landscape design is to collect data in various fields, and then create a dynamic model, provided by the Planner
A plurality of different programs, then those programs evaluated. How much would such a program percentage points of economic growth, but
A program of cultural history and would cause much damage to the ecological damage caused by the number and so on, this data will be in our program
Embodied so that policy-makers consider and weigh, which then decided to use the program.

This time I went with 20 people hang together, there are architects, urban designers, landscape architects, ecology, history, culture and other parties
Side professionals, because landscape planning needs of various disciplines who cooperate with each other to complete.

Hangzhou is impossible because the plan changed dramatically. The main purpose of the plan is to help the West declared "World Cultural Heritage
Production ", Hangzhou, but also because they simply can not be declared" World Heritage "and ignore the others. We'll give a few aspects of Hangzhou
A program that is doing so, the prospect of five years, 10 years later, will have what effect predictions. This design project is expected next year 3
Months to be completed.

Transformation of the West, we are eliminating some damage may Westlake facilities stuff, such as high-rise buildings; change some transport facilities,
Traffic management. Now there is an influence of the West Lake landscape of skyscrapers, if you set one-way street can cause such an effect,
That is if visitors back, you do not see the impact of landscape building, so you can avoid the demolition of buildings and losses. In addition, the plan
Set some tour scenery, such as rockery, attic for a class, to West Lake "modesty cover" to ensure that visitors do not see too unpleasant East
Western.

West now can not afford more tourists, we must consider the development of more tourist spots to evacuate tourists. According to regulation across the Qiantang River
Planning, the future focus of the Qiantang River in Hangzhou city would like to move there. Also, if you want to widen the road, the road extension how much money will
No damage to the landscape resources and even cause damage ...... ecological resources of these problems, we have to demonstrate.

Currently we have finished collecting all the data, the results more optimistic, from the data, the natural scenery in general no major break
Bad, not to the point of non-demolition of high-rise buildings. But this is only the first step in the declaration, the probative value of the landscape, in this regard, the West Lake has excellent
Potential. But the second step is more important, namely how to ensure that the landscape is not destroyed. There are many views of the world, because too much emphasis on creating
Making short-term economic benefits, so that the environment has been destroyed malignant. Such as the US Yellowstone Park actually made the railways, the large number of
After the tourists bring in, although in a significant increase in earnings in two years, but the damage to the landscape, no one went.

Urban planning is like home decorating design should put more money into the plan. Although the plan was to do a spend hundreds of thousands
Dollars, but since then the city can no longer indiscriminate demolition of unauthorized construction, can be described once. Hangzhou a few years ago to engage in major demolition and construction, to spend a billion dollars,
This can often be the construction of a pass, the next will have to be repeated. In fact, according to the computer demolition process can set the dynamic city mold
Type for virtual try. City any changes can be reflected in this model. For example, to build a building, how much money will be spent,
What is the impact on the overall construction of the city, the surrounding ecological destruction if there is, everything can be predicted, and so do not have to build only after
know.

Xia said that he built the system

Century 20 months, the mainspring of my life as if slips are heavy academic work and tightened. A regulation in the Middle East
Planning projects not yet completed, China Hangzhou West Lake scenic area planning began a tedious preparatory work. So I often late at night
Was awakened by phone, stumbled into the earth could react from which side of the sound, you have to quickly cut into thinking needs to be discussed
issue. So passively experience dislocation transfer time and space, almost equivalent to the years when the real feelings of traveling around the world
Dazed mood changes when empty.

Even worse, at the same time have to play a number of different roles across different stage back and forth, often it is easy to produce
Students a sense of confusion. At school, I was a rush to do doctoral thesis, an assistant professor of secondary instructors taught several letters
Head of information science and technology assisted planning project; in the company, is a designer exhausted, often a "dragon head, but
Vice president tail ", a shuttling negotiators from around the world; and in his spare time, you become immersed in their own piece of a
Scholarly world of writers, written in English their professional articles with Chinese painting poetry prose. So often I would be good friends
Friends of cross-examination, they are always surprised me is how to adapt to this "foot boat several" life.

A lot of people say I am a child prodigy, 5-year-old school, primary school jumped two, 15-year-old admitted to the University, 24-year-old scored a Ph.D. from Harvard.
To be honest, 14 years ago, I almost think so.

My parents are ordinary workers, there is no major problem. But my grandfather is the late Qing Dynasty lifts last generation, has appointed the director of Zhejiang Province.
Kid grandfather gave me an old old books, taught me back inside a few Tang poems, poems by heart, and I did as word of the book
According to the original word is written. I grew up with a grandmother, she likes stopping by, among older sisters, ages always have to ask, you big
How old, how old I was young, I listened until subtraction will forget the side. Then the other grandmother said, the child is too smart, should
The to school, so I'll go to school.

I've got a few years older than my brother, he learned books, I pick nothing to look at, and later I found a teacher, I
Have a chance to jump two, save a lot of time.

Since learning has been good, it would be "child prodigy" title sort of a bit smug, before the entrance all day with a bunch of students playing football.
College Entrance Examination Consignee "Department of Microelectronics, Tsinghua University," but also specially marked: the deployment of professional disobedience.

This year in our department where only recruit one person, my political does not test well, it came in second, because they do not obey the deployment of special
Industry, other professional Qinghua did not admit me. Later, Beijing Forestry University accepted me. I am very grateful that get the job, then
, I started to re-examine themselves, to realize the efforts and diligence is the real smart. If I'm smart, I think I'm smart
In an "Enlightenment" word.

I was lucky in the United States met my teacher Charles Harris. He is a famous architectural design master plan, and also my
Foster parent. Professional, he has been my guide is exhausting, life is meticulous concern for me. Every time I'm out
Poor, he will personally drove me to the airport and back, rain or shine he was always waiting at the airport waiting to pick me up. once,
The plane was delayed more than four hours, he was at the airport waiting for more than four hours, it was raining and I did not know the airport there
Old man has been hard waiting. I write every article he must carefully read and save a copy. In fact, many Chinese prose,
Essays, poetry, he can only read the middle occasional English word, but this did not affect his enthusiasm for reading. I am going out
Version of the anthology title page, I wrote: To my adoptive father Charles Harris.

Modern Landscape Design of four stages of development

1, as represented in Olmsted designed Central Park, the United States, so he extended landscape design from the traditional concept of personal services to
Service to society.

2, the 1940s was known as the Harvard Four Diamond four designers launched the modernist movement. Its greatest significance lies: from the city
Landscape, rural landscape, natural landscape need to address how the proposed 3 aspect more important and practical problems in terms of human.

3, is represented by the famous Dan Kelly, Jan Michael Hudson and summer to build the system's mentor Charles Harris. They regulate a large area
Plan, the first computer-aided planning, resulting in a geographic information system model.

4, animation multidimensional landscape planning. Yuka build system was first proposed in their papers. In 1998, Los Angeles, the first use of summer
Build dynamic programming system, to create a virtual model of a dynamic city. Here, everything can be in the form of animated demo, gives intuitive visual
Feel feelings. For example, a street of the city, there are 10 million vehicles by the effect would be like, how much pressure at this time ecological protection
Force, the road can withstand much pressure data will be reflected accordingly.

3 minutes ago, Folski said:

Where you seeing these figures?

Ah, from the 2016 Takeover Thread :-) Hence why I said 'supposedly' and am wondering whether this is as good as it sounds. But I choose to be optimistic!

All I ask from him initially is he appoints a competent manager and competent day to day staff e.g.  a CEO who actually knows what he's doing. These things were beyond Lerner.

Then once we've done that we can turn attention to the wreckage of the playing squad. Tbf though you don't need to be spending millions and millions to be competing at the top of the championship, plenty of teams on budget squads like Brighton and Wednesday are up there this season. 

• Like 1

Â