Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Sorry for being thick, but I don't get it?

Brassic means skint, or no money. Using the Jurassic Park logo from the film and rhyming Jurassic with brassic basically.

edit, Just seen Hippo beat me to it.

Edited by NeilS

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Is he trying to do a Ken Bates here? ie set up a new company and shift assets across and straddle the old company with the debts then wind up the old company? Afterall Trevor Birch is apparently involved now and he'd know such shenanigans.

He's not involved anymore. 

2 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

This is not quite accurate. What happened 2 days ago was that, the executive board of Xia's company approved that the main company will sponsor the child-company to loan up to 50m pounds over the next two years. This does not mean that Xia has loaned 50m two days ago, but it does mean that Xia has had the approval to do so.

To be clear @Deisler123 for everyone to understand (some confusion around who owns what companies in China) So the Mother company is who? and the child company is who? and who owns both? We have a name in the uk listed as an owner for one of the Recon companies as "Jian Tun Xia" I know Xia is "Jian Tong Xia" so any idea who this is? 

After you've cleared that up, why would the parent company (Recon Group?) need to get a loan? we're lead to believe it is very wealthy (asset rich and not cash rich? hence a loan?) Finally if he's not been able to transfer cash out of China (presumably as the parent club owning Villa and not out of his own account?) Why would he suddenly be able to send 50m to the uk? I'd love your opinion on all this as there is soooooo much information/misinformation going around. 

Cheers

**Edit re the clarity around different companies. Could you confirm who owns the parent company and what that is called? is it (Recon United Rui Kang) as per the website and does Xia own this fully? are there other investors? if they are the 'parent' company, who are, in your words "the child company"? 

Thanks again

Edited by TheEgo
added info
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Well things don’t seem as bleak as his time yesterday. If the £50m is there as a pot for Villa then problem solved. If not, our real problems haven’t even begun. 

..and all we had to do was wait for an official statement from the club. Funny that.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

To be clear @Deisler123 for everyone to understand (some confusion around who owns what companies in China) So the Mother company is who? and the child company is who? and who owns both? We have a name in the uk listed as an owner for one of the Recon companies as "Jian Tun Xia" I know Xia is "Jian Tong Xia" so any idea who this is? 

After you've cleared that up, why would the parent company (Recon Group?) need to get a loan? we're lead to believe it is very wealthy (asset rich and not cash rich? hence a loan?) Finally if he's not been able to transfer cash out of China (presumably as the parent club owning Villa and not out of his own account?) Why would he suddenly be able to send 50m to the uk? I'd love your opinion on all this as there is soooooo much information/misinformation going around. 

Cheers

**Edit re the clarity around different companies. Could you confirm who owns the parent company and what that is called? is it (Recon United Rui Kang) as per the website and does Xia own this fully? are there other investors? if they are the 'parent' company, who are, in your words "the child company"? 

Thanks again

It’s a £50m loan in sterling so no issue with transferring from China, the money is already in the right currency.

We don’t know for certain this is for Villa yet but hopefully it is. Possibly in exchange for some shares if the companies house thing is anything to go by.

I’m confused about the company status too because someone posted a link from the FT yesterday suggesting Xia had sold his shares in Recon and was now on his own??? Hopefully @Deisler123 can help us understand the current company structure a bit better.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

..and all we had to do was wait for an official statement from the club. Funny that.

Whilst I will be the first to admit that the press are more than prone to making up stuff, they are at least still free and independent.   The official website is simply a mouthpiece for Xia and is no more to be trusted than any wild speculation in the press.

46 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I have no idea what any of this stuff means.

All you need to know is that someone in China has loaned £50m to someone else in China, and all our problems are now solved.

With one leap, Xia was free!

Hope that clears things up...

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Well things don’t seem as bleak as his time yesterday. If the £50m is there as a pot for Villa then problem solved. If not, our real problems haven’t even begun. 

I highly doubt problem solved. More like problems delayed. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

No such word. It's "boracic".

Rhyming slang: "boracic lint" = "skint".

And that's how you know it was from a Bloser without needing to be told. Can't even get their put downs right :D

badge.png

Things are bad but we'll always have them to mock even if we cease to exist :) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fight Like Lions said:

It’s a £50m loan in sterling so no issue with transferring from China, the money is already in the right currency

This is not true. I converted the loan in GBP to make things easier. But the loan will be in CNY.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John said:

That's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. When did the knuckle draggers find two ha'pnnies to run together then? ;)

A little over 12 months ago. It was also around the time 'Arry started sniffing around strangely enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

This is not true. I converted the loan in GBP to make things easier. But the loan will be in CNY.

I do wonder who you are. But it’s good to have you on the forum. 

Tell me my friend? Is there anything positive at the moment or are we just f**ked?

10 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

the parent company: 天夏智慧, listed on stock market (000662), whose chairman is Tony Xia.

The child company: 天夏信息技术, translated as Tian Xia tech info ltd., which is funded 100% by the parent company. 

Note that these companies are different from the companies in the UK. They are registered in China.

below is the summary of the relationship between all important elements of the group. I add notes for you to read (those in Chinese are not that important). Those numbers means 'control' in %. Pic source

QQ_20180607170336.png

So basically, on 5th June, Xia attended the executive board meeting for the parent co., whose minutes were announced. At that meeting, it was decided that the parent co. will 'sponsor' the child co. to borrow up to 50m pounds (equivalent, the loan will be in CNY, not in pounds) over the next two years. It is uncertain if this is linked to Villa, but highly likely so. 

It is not the parent co. who needs a loan, the board simply approved as the sponsor for the child co. to borrow over the next two years. 

All the boxes above the parent co. are its 'owners'. They are a lot of holding companies. Xia is its chairman.

I believe the "Jian Tun Xia" you were referring to is in fact 'Jianjun Xia'. If you treat Jian Tong (literally means building unity) as two words, and Jian Jun (literally means building army) as two words, you can guess their relationship. Yes, they are brothers. And Jianjun (older bro.) has been the chairman of Recon holding (the box above RECON sports in the pic above). But it is believed Tony is in fact controlling this holding company, not his brother.

How is it possible @Deisler123 to find out this kind of detailed information yet we are still not certain of Xia or any of his companies actually have any money?

Thanks

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do wonder who you are. But it’s good to have you on the forum. 

Tell me my friend? Is there anything positive at the moment or are we just f**ked?

Don’t you recognise Tony without his specs ;)

• Haha 1

Â