Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He also offsets that opinion by saying that there is often no rhyme or reason for cash restrictions imposed by the Chinese government. To be balanced.

Huh? The government react to market conditions and change rules accordingly but the specific rules which may effect Tony Xia shouldn’t even be an issue for him.  

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Huh? The government react to market conditions and change rules accordingly but the specific rules which may effect Tony Xia shouldn’t even be an issue for him.  

Not my words. Also, the Guardian report yet another different story, that cash flow from China to Villa has been problematic since early 2017.

27 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

That tweet has the classic tells of a narcissist, basically spent the last two weeks feeling sorry for himself then, utter word removed.

Like a girlfriend who cheats on you, then cries and tries to emotionally blackmail you.

Just **** off mate, I couldn't give a **** how you feel. Stick it up your bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Nabby said:

He has tweeted 

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia

FollowingFollowing @Dr_TonyXia

More

It has been very difficult 2weeks as I hinted earlier I was almost heartbroken by something.Tried my best to keep beloved AV move forward. Thanks for all ppl standing together going through the difficult time. It was all supporters’ encouraging words to keep me/us stronger. #UTV

Well that sheds a light on things and reassures me no end.  Thanks Tony, phew!"

• Like 1

I don't mind the tweet.

If I'd spent the amount of my own money on what he's spent on Villa over the last couple of years I'd probably be heartbroken too. 

It's not particularly informative, thus helpful - but at least it's something. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not my words. Also, the Guardian report yet another different story, that cash flow from China to Villa has been problematic since early 2017.

Its the Guardian, they probably meant 2071

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't mind the tweet.

If I'd spent the amount of my own money on what he's spent on Villa over the last couple of years I'd probably be heartbroken too. 

It's not particularly informative, thus helpful - but at least it's something. 

I would have preferred an algorithm to be honest. 

Thought he had a sense of humour......

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Heartbroken or romantically nourished, all just words designed to manipulate and excuse. Actions  

They're just adjectives. 

If he said things in absolutely, with no hint of affection - the response would be the same as yours, just the flip side. 

Excuse my lack of understanding if I got this wrong but, didn't the outstanding debt from the Lerner era get cleared when Tony Xia took over? If so, how on earth did we get into an even worse state within 2 years? The last few years of Lerner's reign were bad but I don't recall seeing anything about winding up orders and administration during his time of screwing things up.

Also, is there a reason why Recon can't buy the naming rights to Villa Park to keep us afloat? I mean, given the choice of administration or having a stadium called Recon Villa Park, I would much rather take the latter option.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/06/07/club-statement-hmrc

Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with HMRC and the club will continue to fulfil its obligations. 

The club can also announce that there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club. 

Owner and Chairman Dr Tony Xia would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank supporters during this difficult and unsettling time and reassure them plans are now being put in place to move the club forward.

Sorry if it has already been posted.

• Like 2

Other major fact of the day, which if correct is HUGE - thanks to @Deisler123 - Recon have taken out a loan 2 days ago for £50million GBP - yes that's right, UK money, which if accurate tells us that Tony can keep the club going at least for another 2 years. You'd think the papers might try to verify that, but it's possibly not sensational enough for them. As for the likes of Matt Scott, predicting administration and financial mismanagement, and claiming massive journalistic scoops on the back of being fed info by bitter old Wyness - well yes there have been risks taken (thanks Wyness also), but as it stands, all bills have been paid. I get the feeling there isn't much to see here and the coup has run out of steam.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Other major fact of the day, which if correct is HUGE - thanks to @Deisler123 - Recon have taken out a loan 2 days ago for £50million GBP - yes that's right, UK money, which if accurate tells us that Tony can keep the club going at least for another 2 years. You'd think the papers might try to verify that, but it's possibly not sensational enough for them. As for the likes of Matt Scott, predicting administration and financial mismanagement, and claiming massive journalistic scoops on the back of being fed info by bitter old Wyness - well yes there have been risks taken (thanks Wyness also), but as it stands, all bills have been paid. I get the feeling there isn't much to see here and the coup has run out of steam.

That's all well and good for the next 2 years but then what, if we're still not in the Premier League? We'll just be a further 2 years down the line and in another £50m worth of debt. if Wyness is to blame for the mess we're in it's yet another example of how things goes tits up when the owner is not around to oversee that things are working properly. Ellis might have been an old control freak but at least he kept an eye on the day-to-day goings on at the club, which is pretty much what we drastically lack now.

Unfortunately "The Plan" has been used before and it's the bit that hurts from a personal perspective.

First the plan for the ACN and the loss of Kodjia for a month that never existed

Then the plan if we miss out on promotion that was never even considered it appears.

Fool me once etc

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/06/07/club-statement-hmrc

Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with HMRC and the club will continue to fulfil its obligations. 

The club can also announce that there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club. 

Owner and Chairman Dr Tony Xia would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank supporters during this difficult and unsettling time and reassure them plans are now being put in place to move the club forward. 

Sorry if it has already been posted.

bagdad-bob.gif&f=1

Edit: The comment is aimed at the club and not at you posting the club's statement.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, villarocker said:

That's all well and good for the next 2 years but then what, if we're still not in the Premier League? We'll just be a further 2 years down the line and in another £50m worth of debt. if Wyness is to blame for the mess we're in it's yet another example of how things goes tits up when the owner is not around to oversee that things are working properly. Ellis might have been an old control freak but at least he kept an eye on the day-to-day goings on at the club, which is pretty much what we drastically lack now.

I think it means cash flow is sorted for the next 2 years - there will be major changes and we will cut our cloth accordingly, I expect the new CEO to be a right pitball.  When FFP allows extra money to be put in, so next season that equals a £13 mill loss allowable (provided we meet it this year) at that point if Tony is not willing to invest then I will be a bit miffed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's a bold statement to make. We'll keep an eye on this as the days, weeks and months unfold!

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

£50m,

Get Terry back and new contracts for Michah and Gabby 

Â