Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

There’s an article on Newsnow in which Professor Simon Chadwick talks about how it’s pretty much an excuse that Xia can’t get money out of China. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-xia-aston-villa-chinese-14749006

It‘s appears that he’s simply running out of money fast and his businesses at home are also struggling. 

That is true. His business has lost in market value hundreds of millions of CNY. 

It has been extensively reported in China since 2017.

He has tweeted 

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia

FollowingFollowing @Dr_TonyXia

More

It has been very difficult 2weeks as I hinted earlier I was almost heartbroken by something.Tried my best to keep beloved AV move forward. Thanks for all ppl standing together going through the difficult time. It was all supporters’ encouraging words to keep me/us stronger. #UTV

4 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Change of ownership could be good, but equally it could be bad. Now the club is a black hole sucking in tens of millions of pounds worth money every year. So even Xia sells the club for 1 pound, I don't think a lot of sensible businessmen would take that.

From Tony's point of view, selling Villa may get 10m-20m back to his pocket (optimistically), but that leads to almost 100m+ net loss in two years for his own wealth. If we are only talking about business decisions, then a sensible one for Xia now is to borrow 40-60m to keep the club running for the next two years to achieve a break-even. From evidence I am seeing now, that is precisely what he is doing now.

To me, if he sells club for a super cheap price (which is likely considering the debt we have), then that is a stupid decision. 

This is why the CEO appointment is essential - can Tony pick someone better than any other owner could? It doesn't really matter who owns Villa, the money will be tight regardless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

He has tweeted 

More

It has been very difficult 2weeks as I hinted earlier I was almost heartbroken by something.Tried my best to keep beloved AV move forward. Thanks for all ppl standing together going through the difficult time. It was all supporters’ encouraging words to keep me/us stronger. #UTV

That clears that up then !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is why the CEO appointment is essential - can Tony pick someone better than any other owner could? It doesn't really matter who owns Villa, the money will be tight regardless.

I certainly hope so.

But from the historical stories told by you guys on this forum, I can only conclude that good things never happen to Villa. So, no.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Agree - but the guy can barely speak English - and he very nearly been outwitted by his last CEO 

Who can he trust ?

Who can he get ? 

It might be best if he forms a board with guys like Brian little on the football side - and someone he can liase with and trust from the chinese\finance side.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Obviously can’t say for certain, but that reads like it’s hinting at a goodbye.

I read as he had paid the taxman and we aren't going into administration. 

11 minutes ago, Nabby said:

He has tweeted 

More

LOB

I wonder if Wyness is suspense because he sold Xia this BS, that it’s all good.  Newcastle did it this way, Bruce is the king of promotions, we can’t miss....

puts tonys celebration at the home finish of the second leg in a different light

also.  Didn’t Wyness say we already had contingency plans if we didn’t go up?   I wonder what those were.  

• Like 2

Is any of the money that he’s already put in showing as debt to him (or one of his companies) on our books? IF this new £50m loan is for Villa I presume that would? 

Would he have the same rights to that money back as any other creditor if so? 

Can’t help but wondering if he’s managing (perhaps unwittingly, perhaps not) to make it very unattractive for anybody to step in and buy the club at this point in time.

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I wonder if Wyness is suspense because he sold Xia this BS, that it’s all good.  Newcastle did it this way, Bruce is the king of promotions, we can’t miss....

puts tonys celebration at the home finish of the second leg in a different light

also.  Didn’t Wyness say we already had contingency plans if we didn’t go up?   I wonder what those were.  

Wouldn’t trust a word that  xia or wyness say mate - both should hang their heads in shame at the utter shambles they  made of this great club . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

That tweet has the classic tells of a narcissist, basically spent the last two weeks feeling sorry for himself then, utter word removed.

Yep the sooner he goes and takes his goons with him the better . 

‘If we have to take a points deduction and rebuild so be it - hopefully someone will run the club properly next time . 

‘We have a huge fan base that will stick by us no matter where we find ourselves . 

Â