Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

More background stuff around the club, more training ground videos and interaction with the players. Not just stuffy rehearsed interviews but day to day goings on at the club. Man City do it really well, and it can only help people to have more of an affinity towards the players at the club. 

They have made an effort with the youtube channel, it is a start but again, it is all just sticking people in front of the camera and asking generic questions.

• Like 2

Would like to see more of the U23s and U18s matches too - they're potentially our future players so would be good to see who's coming through the academy ranks.

(Their matches are probably more entertaining than the bilge the first team serve upon us week after week)

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

On 07/05/2017 at 11:58, theboyangel said:

Would like to see more of the U23s and U18s matches too - they're potentially our future players so would be good to see who's coming through the academy ranks.

(Their matches are probably more entertaining than the bilge the first team serve upon us week after week)

You mean SGC's scouting reports aren't enough?!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One of the things I get excited about, along with the new kit, every season.

and me

I'd also add #announceGermany ive got a stag do mid july so think im really going to struggle to go and i plan on taking next year off, havent renewed, got a wedding to pay for and its looking like every game will be available to watch somewhere but if they announce a game in germany at the end of july which is my birthday i'll have to have a proper look at going

if the dr was good enough to announce it mid july in south portugal where i happen to be...

• Like 1

I hope the club/DR X will be making a large donation to the late Ugo Ehiogu's foundation. No mention of us making one (as of yet) on the BBC website. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-39875083

The appeal has so far had donations from Middlesbrough, Arsenal and Rangers football clubs and former Villa team-mate Mark Bosnich.

Maybe we have done something in private. It would be very poor form if we don't. 

Gotta feel sorry for the Doctor.

He entrusted his club and money in the hands of the wrong people who acted like someone who just won the lottery.

Terrible transfer strategy, poor lazy appointments, no plan other than helping your pals.

If it is as bad as expected and suggested in the papers then I really hope he goes all in and replaces the whole lot.

Start anew with a whole new set of people, from Round to Calderwood and everyone between.

We have an OK squad, we just overspent hugely on it.

If he doesn't act now we are doomed, doomed I tells ya!

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Gotta feel sorry for the Doctor.

He entrusted his club and money in the hands of the wrong people who acted like someone who just won the lottery.

Terrible transfer strategy, poor lazy appointments, no plan other than helping your pals.

If it is as bad as expected and suggested in the papers then I really hope he goes all in and replaces the whole lot.

Start anew with a whole new set of people, from Round to Calderwood and everyone between.

We have an OK squad, we just overspent hugely on it.

If he doesn't act now we are doomed, doomed I tells ya!

So you keep saying. 

Starting again is absurd and would incur even more spending, so you clearly don't feel that sorry for Xia.

Good job you are not in charge.

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

So you keep saying. 

Starting again is absurd and would incur even more spending, so you clearly don't feel that sorry for Xia.

Yes, because the current plan is working wonders...

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

So you keep saying. 

I don't think it would. We have a strong squad, any new appointment should be a manager that can get the best from them. But someone who is going to come in with excuses and need to replace the squad

With regards to Bruce contract it rolls over after a year so if Bruce started in November and doesn't start well he will be gone and the compensation will be low. Which at least is more sensible than when we were giving three year deals to mcleish

• Like 2

Â