Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

They picked the wrong owner to make up bullshit stories about really, haven't they? The most open owner in the whole football league. Yeah good one Talksport. 

It wasn't talksport, it was the journo on the show. He was on Jim Whyte's show, even Jim was totally surprised when he started banging on about it.

2 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

I'm surprised TalkSport stopped bumming Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Citeh, Yanited and Liverpool long enough to mention little old Villa 

Always have time mention us with a negative slant. 

they just want to sucker people into phoning in. 

Edited by theboyangel

8 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

I'm surprised TalkSport stopped bumming Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Citeh, Yanited and Liverpool long enough to mention little old Villa 

They were discussing Sunderland's plight, that's when the journo started comparing Short to Lerner which is understandable. He then followed that up that a new owner may not help Sunderland as Tony Xia has run out of money and that Villa are in trouble essentially.

Jim Whyte replied to that by saying "Tony Xia, really? he sounded as surprised as anyone

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

They were discussing Sunderland's plight, that's when the journo started comparing Short to Lerner which is understandable. He then followed that up that a new owner may not help Sunderland as Tony Xia has run out of money and that Villa are in trouble essentially.

Jim Whyte replied to that by saying "Tony Xia, really? he sounded as surprised as anyone

Remember though. "Not many people know about this" but of course Matt Scott does.

I dunno if I heard something else to what's been reported but the way I heard it was about the ownership of Forrest and Leeds, talking about people who buy clubs then pump money in and realise it's pointless then sell up for a personal loss to the next "fool" as the journo put it, he mentioned randy Lerner saying he sold it on to Tony xia and villa aren't coming up any time soon, I didn't hear anything about xia trying to sell the club, unless that happened after I got out the car.

Edited by Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

I dunno if I heard something else to what's been reported but the way I heard it was about the ownership of Forrest and Leeds, talking about people who buy clubs then pump money in and realise it's pointless then sell up for a personal loss to the next "fool" as the journo put it, he mentioned randy Lerner saying he sold it on to Tony xia and villa aren't coming up any time soon, I didn't here anything about xia trying to sell the club, unless that happened after I got out the car.

We weren't sold when you got out of the car.

Guest av1
33 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I dunno if I heard something else to what's been reported but the way I heard it was about the ownership of Forrest and Leeds, talking about people who buy clubs then pump money in and realise it's pointless then sell up for a personal loss to the next "fool" as the journo put it, he mentioned randy Lerner saying he sold it on to Tony xia and villa aren't coming up any time soon, I didn't hear anything about xia trying to sell the club, unless that happened after I got out the car.

He definitely claimed that Villa are for sale, and Xia is desperate to get out. 

44 minutes ago, av1 said:

He definitely claimed that Villa are for sale, and Xia is desperate to get out. 

Maybe I missed that bit, like I said the bit I heard was when he was talking about foreign ownership gone wrong at Forrest Blackburn and Leeds and referenced Lerner walking away with a £150million loss but I didn't here him say anything at all about xia trying to sell, all I heard him say was he spent on transfers and we aren't going up any time soon, nothing about trying to offload the club

Must be a bank holiday if people are discussing what 'journalists' who work for Talksport have come up with out of the tumbola of bullshit news designed to get people to call a premium number to get on air so they can sell advertising.

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Maybe I missed that bit, like I said the bit I heard was when he was talking about foreign ownership gone wrong at Forrest Blackburn and Leeds and referenced Lerner walking away with a £150million loss but I didn't here him say anything at all about xia trying to sell, all I heard him say was he spent on transfers and we aren't going up any time soon, nothing about trying to offload the club

It was pretty much in the next breath so yep stepped out of the car at the wrong time.

I initially took it as Xia was searching for extra investment e.g. looking for sponsorship deals for different parts of the clubs but to then claim Xia wanted to sell less than a year after taking over was stretching credibility a fair bit I think especially as he called it wrong last summer.

• Like 1

Â