Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Stoke's not villa though.

Theres Villa - anything else is an inferior product - consider yourself and your daughter told.

Well, inferior products have been known to end up as being market winners due to better/more aggressive marketing campaigns and/or the competition believing that their (superior) product would speak for itself. Which I believe was the actual point of danceoftheshamen's post.

IMO, and all that...

• Like 2

On 27/04/2017 at 14:31, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In all fairness I would say Burton is more Stoke than it is Birmingham, in so many ways. 

Agree with the wider issue though, we haven't done nearly enough over the years. 

Eh, maybe, though I'm from Lichfield which is fifteen minutes down the A38 from Burton and we were all Villa fans when I was growing up so it shouldn't be too hard to reach that little bit further.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Burton's a mixture of Derby/Stoke from my experience with obviously a few more Brewers going to watch them as they've risen up the leagues.

Thanks @TB you are correct i think @hippo misread my point somewhat. It frustrates me to see inferior products like Stoke flipping City dishing out dirty products to my daughter at school promoting their tinpot outfit! Especially when it gets brought into my home! (Before finding a nearest dustbin and a few expletives) GGrrrrrrr! 

I am not originally from these strange parts, actually i am more a South Birmingham lad but since i have been up here, (surrounded by people who like saying "ducky" all the time, which i still find odd), I find the majority around here support two teams, Burton Albion + either Derby, Man Utd or Liverpool with a very few Stoke and Forest fans mixed in. Of the younger kids who go to school with my daughter they are mainly Liverpool (weirdly) Chelsea & Derby (Again with Burton as the 2nd option)

There are actually several Villa fans here too having said that but not so much amongst the younger school kids which i guess would only get resolved if we started winning trophies again. In fact one older guy has one of the original Holte end wooden posts he got when it was demolished as part of his Garden gate!

By a big margin though most are plastics + Burton Albion (Then they can alternate between the two depending which one wins & loses lol).

Anyhow back on topic and if Xia can find a way to improve the marketing side of the club then i think that's badly needed, especially in view of our lack of success for some considerable time now.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

I might get a ban for defending him but Randy should get a little bit of credit for accepting Xia bid.

When you look at the mess of owners at Coventry, Blues, Blackburn, Charlton, Leyton Orient. some of who wont sell and no interest in the club that we are lucky that Tony seems to care

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I might get a ban for defending him but Randy should get a little bit of credit for accepting Xia bid.

When you look at the mess of owners at Coventry, Blues, Blackburn, Charlton, Leyton Orient. some of who wont sell and no interest in the club that we are lucky that Tony seems to care

Reported.

• Like 3

He seems like an incredibly hard worker, very passionate and will not stop until he gets or achieves what he wants. This isn't a toy to him, this is a mission.
For that I am very thankful, because we could be here for a long time and it could get worse before it gets better.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hollis did pretty much all the work on that one.

This season has been over for ages.

I'm not getting too hung up on the results now as I wasn't when we went on our mad winning run.

We need to get things right next season. I think this season has been a good lesson for Dr Tony that football is a very unique industry.

Big worry for me is we're still heavily spending on players and giving them good wages and the majority of them for various reasons are nowhere near as influential as they were at their previous clubs.

• Like 1

He has some big decisions to make over the next few weeks.

surely he cannot be satisfied with the performances served up considering his investment to date. 

The big question is, with the clubs interest at the fore, does he back or sack Bruce? 

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

He has some big decisions to make over the next few weeks.

surely he cannot be satisfied with the performances served up considering his investment to date. 

The big question is, with the clubs interest at the fore, does he back or sack Bruce? 

He will back him 

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Even though the running on the bid was done by Steve Hollis. Literally clutching at straws for something to praise Lerner for. If it was him doing the negotiations we probably wouldnt have Xia. Thank god for Hollis.

15 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Even though the running on the bid was done by Steve Hollis. Literally clutching at straws for something to praise Lerner for. If it was him doing the negotiations we probably wouldnt have Xia. Thank god for Hollis.

If it was him doing the negotiations Dr T would still be on hold!

• Like 1

Â