Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

1 is the current manager of the shits, 2 have managed the shits and the other is a crook......erm, no thanks

To be fair pal comments like this are the reason people said we were against the appointment of Mcleish, when infact the majority didn't want him simply because he wasn't any good. 

Hughton and Rowett have both showed a lot of promise and i would be happy with both, irrelevant of past or present employment. 

8 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Tone's going to get a few tweets tonight!

Time for cool, calm heads  

Time to sack the manager , he can do it as calmly as he wants 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Please somebody tweet him to look at the VT threads

RDM

&

Ratings & Reactions

Somehow, I don't think he'll be happy about the situation without having to read any threads. 

It will be interesting to see how long it takes him to comment though

Can't fault him for his enthusiasm for the most part (some of his tweets IMO were unprofessional), can't fault him for the money he has put in, but he has royally **** up with RDM and that was arguably the biggest decision he has had to make thus far. 

He now needs to swiftly sack RDM and bring in a 'quality' replacement. Life so far under Tony Xia has not been particularly good mind...

Tony got a manager on the basis of his C.V which in fairness was a good one, sometimes things do not work out and managers do not work in the new set up. It can take a while for the manager to turn things round, Martinez was close to getting the boot at Everton now look at them.

We look devoid of confidence, a plan, a system, ideas and worst of all desire. for this I do blame the manager, not Tony who has no input into selection, training and game plans and neither should he.

How people can say it is a carry over from last year is beyond me, we have pretty much a new team with only a few from last year remaining, how can players deemed not good enough for us turn into great players for new teams, surely we should be getting the best from them, the coaching staff have changed and yet we still make the same mistakes as last year with no improvements.

RDM has to be sacked if only because we are getting worse, ignoring the basics and showing a total lack of unity.

Hopefully Tony will rely on the team he has put in place who know more about football matters and let them decide the next manager with alot more forethought and football knowledge.

It is still early enough in the season to turn things round so urgency is the requirement. Tony is not a fool and he will insist on results, at the moment he is as embarrassed as the rest of us despite his comments so I dont think it will be long.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillakevBromsgrove said:

Tony got a manager on the basis of his C.V which in fairness was a good one, sometimes things do not work out and managers do not work in the new set up. It can take a while for the manager to turn things round, Martinez was close to getting the boot at Everton now look at them.

We look devoid of confidence, a plan, a system, ideas and worst of all desire. for this I do blame the manager, not Tony who has no input into selection, training and game plans and neither should he.

How people can say it is a carry over from last year is beyond me, we have pretty much a new team with only a few from last year remaining, how can players deemed not good enough for us turn into great players for new teams, surely we should be getting the best from them, the coaching staff have changed and yet we still make the same mistakes as last year with no improvements.

RDM has to be sacked if only because we are getting worse, ignoring the basics and showing a total lack of unity.

Hopefully Tony will rely on the team he has put in place who know more about football matters and let them decide the next manager with alot more forethought and football knowledge.

It is still early enough in the season to turn things round so urgency is the requirement. Tony is not a fool and he will insist on results, at the moment he is as embarrassed as the rest of us despite his comments so I dont think it will be long.

Yeah - they're really flying under Koeman. 

• Like 2

Tony went for RDM for lots of reasons, he must have seemed ideal. But surely he will realise that maybe he should have just gone for the guy that would deliver promotion. If he makes the change now then that is entirely fair enough and also shows he can admit mistakes. 

RDM was probably 3rd or 4th choice, the managers above him probably didn't want anything to do with us. Don't assume anybody wants this job, its one of the toughest going at the moment.

Â