Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Suggest you re read your post dave and look for the contradictions in it, especially the amicably bit

I have. 

You crossed the line first, there's no other way to combat that than to cross it with you. Regardless, I've said my piece. 

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Which one is the latest ? 

Basically it's rubbish anyway as a true friend is one who will criticise you when things aren't right not one who supports regardless and for him to suggest that supporters are only true friends if they support the present is garbage 

Do you understand the difference between criticism and calling somebody a coward for standing by their conviction?

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have. 

You crossed the line first, there's no other way to combat that than to cross it with you. Regardless, I've said my piece. 

Crossed the line? Seriously Dave I criticised the owner , not a poster on here and I responded to the point made that he wouldn't want to come to games and see bad performances as that would mean he would need to make a decision he didn't want to. If he is doing that and avoiding games then he is a coward. No line crossed.

seriously people need to be less protective of the owner they really do.

I'm still not sure Xia has done anything wrong. 

He has put a new structure in place at the club, which will hopefully have long term positives implications.

He has done research into a management team (irrelevant whether we thought RdM was the right man or not) and then backed said manager with substantial funds.

Despite results not being the best, Xia still sees something in RdM and is willing to back him. Nothing cowardice in this.

Yes he made some over zealous tweets, but he is just excited about taking over a huge club like villa. 

• Like 1

Dave if he is avoiding coming because he doesn't want to make a tough decision he's a coward. That's not mocking that's criticising . It's also responding to someone's opinion that he is avoiding coming by explaining that in that case in my opinion he is a coward. You're crossing la few posts and a few opinions 

on the tweet about true friends / fans he is wrong and again in my opinion that is a better fan tweet. It's not mocking it's criticism.

on fans defending him on here again it is criticism as people tend to take it all too personally when criticism, valid criticism, is levelled at the owner. Why they do that I don't know.

now I've been civil and respectful in responding Dave , some of yours to me have not demonstrated that and so at this point I'll leave it thanks.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Dave if he is avoiding coming because he doesn't want to make a tough decision he's a coward. That's not mocking that's criticising . It's also responding to someone's opinion that he is avoiding coming by explaining that in that case in my opinion he is a coward. You're crossing la few posts and a few opinions 

on the tweet about true friends / fans he is wrong and again in my opinion that is a better fan tweet. It's not mocking it's criticism.

on fans defending him on here again it is criticism as people tend to take it all too personally when criticism, valid criticism, is levelled at the owner. Why they do that I don't know.

now I've been civil and respectful in responding Dave , some of yours to me have not demonstrated that and so at this point I'll leave it thanks.

Do you think he had been avoiding the games or just really busy business wise? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I think Richard was referring to what I said in terms of 'Xia using his business leave as a legit reason to not coming to games thus not giving media chances in putting pressure in sacking RDM'. It was my personal interpretation on Xia's tweet. 

If he really wants to sack RDM, he will come to the game and spend time with club management team to find a way forward. That was why I believed he still rates RDM.

Lets hope we get a win this afternoon.

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

who knows I was responding to a post made speculating on that and suggest you click the link I've just posted

42 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Basically lads, and this is for everyone, YOU are not 'Mr Aston Villa'. Neither am I and neither is Tony. However he's perfectly entitled to remain positive and encourage other fans to do so. 

If you're reading "better fan than you" in those tweets then you must do that with every post, tweet or opinion that disagrees with you. You must think that YOU are the bestest fan there is. Reality check - you're just not that important. The only thing that matters is the collective. WE are Aston Villa, together. Not you as an individual. The club will carry on long after we've all returned to dust. 

Football was so much better before the internet. Now every word removed and his dog feels a sense of entitlement. 

Hear hear

A poster implying or suggesting that he is a coward is a little bit different to Tony actually saying "I don't come to VP as I'm afraid of confrontation",don't you think? As your argument is based on conjecture where as Dave's is based on reality.

Edited by Ingram85

Anyway, if anyone has been following Dr Tony's tweets like Richard, you'll know that he has explained that he has been away on pre-existing business appointments. He's not a coward at all, just a very busy, hard working, motivated, self made man. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which one...

Or...

?

I would say the second of those is flawed. You should never apologise to someone if you don't mean it. It is more honest and constructive to take the disagreement head on and say "I don't agree but let's try to work together nonetheless." 

The bigger puzzle however is why on earth he tweets stuff like that, who he thinks it's aimed at and why he thinks he is especially qualified to peddle homilies like this.

Edited by briny_ear

Â