Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

28 minutes ago, peterms said:

Perhaps I'm too judgemental, but I'd have to say getting yourself nailed to a cross is a bit of a mistake.

Or more of a mistake by them, depends how you want to look at it.

Anyone who thinks sacking RDM was too hasty... is wrong. I know we all have our opinions.. but yours would be wrong. 

RDM CLEARLY had no idea what he was doing. I am all about patience and giving managers time.. but like Dr said.. if its not the right one we are just wasting time. 

Some of his tactics were Tim Sherwood like. Good decision. Next decision will be even tougher. Listen to those around you Dr.

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Now the next appointment is crucial for the club. One of the biggest decisions in a very long time. 

This is in no way aimed at you, but we've said that for every appointment since O'Neill left and I cant figure out why.

Every managerial appointment is cruicial, not just 'the next one'

• Like 2

Does Dyche have a release clause? He'd be my 1st choice as he can build a club. In the summer the Dr needed an out of work manager to cone i and get started straight away.  RDM on paper looked good I just hope we have been looking for possible replacements for a while and know who we want. Bruce would be a pair of safe hands and Wagner is supposed to be favoured by Round. This is a very big decision. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's good to see the board act quickly when it clearly isn't working. Now the next appointment is crucial for the club. One of the biggest decisions in a very long time. 

RDM was one of those too.

I still think that the right manager should be able to organise the team better to improve things. Admittedly the defence is just about ok for this level and the midfield, with the exception of Tshibola, is truly horrendous, but having a system and the players knowing what they are supposed to be doing as part of that system would be a big positive.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

We are becoming a special case now.....we need to hear from prospective managers who fully understand that and indicate in the interview how they intend to deal with it.

only then will the board have an idea, who it should be.

what managers have done in the past is with different circumstances so it is debatable how relevant that is.

Ron Saunders never achieved much, before he joined us.

its their understanding of our situation and how they see fixing it is the most relevant for me.

We are already that special case aren't we? But totally agree with the rest.

• Like 1

For what it is worth, I think the new manager - whoever that may be - will also struggle because the midfield area is so weak. Only one central player appears to be any good in midfield and he is injured more than he is fit. I think that this season will be one of settling down and getting some more necessary players in January. As long as we don't go down and can gain some much needed confidence out of the season with a top half finish I will settle for that right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Sorry guys, forgot...

Yes, of course Xia is the best thing that happened to Villa, RDM best appointment ever, things going swimmingly this season, club no longer a shambles.

Will I be allowed back to worship in the temple now?

Do you see in grayscale or something? Everything is either black or white to you, no in between.

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wonder if the speed of the sacking means we are after a manager at another club. ie no time time to loose ?

Maybe just to give us the whole international break to find a new one.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe just to give us the whole international break to find a new one.

Yes probably - 2 weeks is long enough to prise another manager from a club. To employ an unemployed one.....about 3 days ?

Â