Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

This is in no way aimed at you, but we've said that for every appointment since O'Neill left and I cant figure out why.

Every managerial appointment is cruicial, not just 'the next one'

They are but every previous appointment was under the old regime so destined for failure. The next manager will at least be backed.

@Vive_La_Villa - exactly.  If Xia really is as ambitious as he has said (and he really has the means to act on that ambition) it is crucial that we start building a team that keeps him interested to keep spending the bucks when it is needed (and it is definitely needed).  If he gets a new manager who manages to p1$$ away another £50m without ending up with a balanced squad then we are in big trouble.  If he gets a manager who can get it right then there is still a chance that the future can be very bright indeed.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Almost there? I thought thats what the last 7 years had been.

See we are that crap we can't even do that properly. We aren't quite the full three rings yet

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Don't forget the "manager merry-go-round"

Are we allowed to pat and feed the donkeys? Gardner wants a carrot.

Edited by AJ

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Whilst I see (and take) your point, the last manager was also backed with circa £50m

Backed with money from selling our 2 best players in the hope of remaining in the league. I see your point too but the circumstances are completely different. This job will be more appealing to a manager now than it would have been under Lerner. Objective then was keep us up until someone buys the club. Now the objective is get us up and watch us grow. The right man could be with us for years. 

Â