Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

41 minutes ago, AndyC said:

RDM was probably 3rd or 4th choice, the managers above him probably didn't want anything to do with us. Don't assume anybody wants this job, its one of the toughest going at the moment.

Its like digging a hole with a tea spoon....if you play 1 in midfield or 1 thats doing anything ....its going to be tough,very tough

A Manager who knows what he's doing will crack this......its finding him.

13 hours ago, AndyC said:

RDM was probably 3rd or 4th choice, the managers above him probably didn't want anything to do with us. Don't assume anybody wants this job, its one of the toughest going at the moment.

A premier league team with premier league fans with premier league funds, yeah who would be interested in that?

Someone sooner or later will get this right, if we had no money to spend I would be worried but that's not the case.

• Like 1

Depressing. It feels like we have made no progress from where we were in May.

Just now we are a laughing stock in the championship rather than the premier league.

All the briefing was that Xia had intervened in the managerial selection process and overridden the board's first choices to impose RDM. 

If there is actually anyone at the club who knows what they are doing, let's hope this time round he will listen to them more carefully.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Massive **** up on the first big decision he had to make. That he ended up appointing our worst manager in decades doesn't fill me with any confidence about how we'll fare under his ownership. 

Eh.. I personally think there is either some really bad juju still lingering in the club, or we just have the worst luck when selecting managers.. 

I would love to hear from RDM to know what went wrong. Was he just too friendly with the players to the point that they were all his friends? I mean it certainly seemed that way when he would play like 5 strikers and 1 midfielder it just never makes sense even if they are our best players. Something went drastically wrong here as RDM has one of the best squads ever compiled in the Championship and we're 19th in the league..

Here's hoping a new manager that didn't sign this lot that has no sentimental ties or bonds will just pick the best starting eleven, do away with this "let's just play with 6 attacking players" shit.. 

On 01/10/2016 at 17:16, AshVilla said:

I'm starting to get alot of Clown Krulak vibes from the Dr

Says a lot of stuff on twatter and to the fans which isn't backed up on the football pitch the main reason of this is because of the manager

Time for him to prove he's not a load of hot air and address the problem at hand and get rid of RDM enough is enough

So... Yeah.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

What more do people want?

Same as before he bought us. 

A team that wins a few matches.

(And I would gladly swap his so-called engagement with fans on Twitter for that.)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Same as before he bought us.

A team that wins a few matches.

Unless he signs himself as a player then the point before stands that he has done/is doing everything he possibly can.

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Including choosing RDM as manager. Not sure that was his best.

It happens. All owners appoint a bad one at some point, it's no great surprise that they got it wrong at first. 

Shit happens. Suck it up and roll on. 

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

RDM had a fairly good CV, for the level we're at he was pretty good choice AT THE TIME. Of course, not even the great Dr Tony can see into the future. You have to make a decision with the facts you have at the time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Thing being on paper RDM kind of made sense, did OK with MK Dons in the lower leagues, did well with baggies in the lower leagues, been a manager in the prem, been a manager in the CL, not many managers will have that range in their CV

we either gamble on a young manager who we think will reach that level or we get a manager who gets us promoted but we end up sacking in 3 years time when we get bored of the annual prem relegation battle (looking at you Steve Bruce...)

Â