Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, spiezels said:

II went back for a mates wedding last weekend and thought to myself "aah I'll pop down sports direct and get the new home shirt" 

They had 1 Large Boys and 1 Medium boys shirts hidden away behind a bunch of random teams in the whole store, no away shirts. 

Thats pretty shocking considering its proximity and the fair number of Villa fans that live there. 

Of course you can't get a Villa shirt there, it's owned by Mike "Phillip Green" Ashley!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I live in London so can't buy a Villa shirt anywhere, old dear and step dad live in Stratford, I went back for a mates wedding last weekend and thought to myself "aah I'll pop down sports direct and get the new home shirt" 

They had 1 Large Boys and 1 Medium boys shirts hidden away behind a bunch of random teams in the whole store, no away shirts. 

Thats pretty shocking considering its proximity and the fair number of Villa fans that live there. 

Over here in Dubai there are a few Under Armour stores in the big malls. Naturally each stock absolutely no Villa merchandise.

I can't even buy my 4 year old lad a kit until the end of the month because of manufacturing issues!  Kit deal needs addressing big time for next season and we need clothing, kits etc ready for the summer holidays.  In addition, major advertising of the brand and kit in Grand Central i think?  Are we really getting the best out if Under Armour, including exposure? 

I think it's a case of knowing where we are at the moment, do we have a huge push in Dubai and Tokyo* now and watch it fail or do we wait until next season when we're hopefully in the premier and almost certainly with a huge new shirt sponsor deal, we've got a year to get it right, I've got confidence that we will

*from my experience of trying to watch the premier league in Tokyo the popularity of it there is vastly exaggerated, even the "English pubs" didn't have it on

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

It's a good point and certainly an area that needs addressing. I needed to pop in to the Villa Park store during the week - I was the only person in there. Financially speaking I doubt there is little point keeping either the shop or the ticket office open on non-match days at Villa Park. If people need either service in person, they can easily get it in Birmingham City Centre. No-one is in Aston on non-match days! 

Personally I'd close the New Street store and make the Villa Park store only open match days. Reinvest the cash on a prime spot in the Bullring/Grand Central that caters for both services. More footfall, advertising the club and more sales (merchandise AND tickets) from people who are just passing and get enticed in! If desperate maybe make Villa Park a pick up point (counter rather than shop), but still doubt it'd be used.

I wouldn't bother with Resort World yet, I don't know many people who have even visited yet. 

Resorts world is utter dog doodoo. 

9 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I wonder if we could do something over at Resorts World perhaps?  New store?  No idea on costings here, but a new store in the Bullring or Grand Central would be good for income and exposure.  Footfall must be good in those areas. 

Hasn't tony already set up links in resort world? (Look at club deals thread, sure I saw something in there ) 

Edited by mikeyp102

46 minutes ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Well it's not like we can spend more money, we are stuck with a paper thin midfield and a shite keeper  till January 

Free agent market? Must be someone available on a free who can make us better

24 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That sounds a bit ominous.

I like xia but comments like this should be made privately - it does RDM no favours and only adds to the pressure .

we played very very well today and deserved much more .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

Â