Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

I think Dr Tony's tweet (above) was aimed more at certain players than the manager. That's I how read it anyway. 

Yes, that's how I read it as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I think Dr Tony's tweet (above) was aimed more at certain players than the manager. That's I how read it anyway. 

Maybe but let the manager manage the team - criticism from the owner doesn't help anyone - we have seen a quality villa display today and need to stick together .- results will come. 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I like xia but comments like this should be made privately - it does RDM no favours and only adds to the pressure .

we played very very well today and deserved much more .

I think it was aimed at the players. Perhaps the strikers?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jim said:

Can't see him staying patient with these performances for much longer.

These performances? I thought we were generally very goodbye today, post, bar and a number of saves from their keeper, just need to rediscover how to win games, it will come if we keep going like this.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

These performances? I thought we were generally very goodbye today, post, bar and a number of saves from their keeper, just need to rediscover how to win games, it will come if we keep going like this.

I need to know what 'like this' means... Because right now all I see is a team unable to win a match... I don't want us to keep going 'like this' at the moment...

Not a dig, it's just I see people saying it all the time and things never seem to change.... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tonys just venting frustration as many of us on here have done. Bit of arse kicking from above aint a bad thing.

Fair enough if we played shit but we just played one of our best games in a long time and created 26 efforts at goal . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

This will get embarrassing very quickly if he tweets like a spoiled child every time we don't win. 

If he's going to do it every time we don't win I don't think there is enough space on the Internet to fit it all in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Fair enough if we played shit but we just played one of our best games in a long time and created 26 efforts at goal . 

I think this is what xia is getting at and I think he is spot on. This isn't the first, or the second game, that the many missed chances have cost us points. The players need to step up and make up for the previously missed chances...

Edited by Ryan.

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I think this is what xia is getting at and I think he is spot on. This isn't the first, or the second game, that the many missed chances have cost us points. The players need to step up and make up for the previously missed chances...

I can only think of one genuine chance not taken today - and that was McCormack's miss.

Surely our problem is the pathetic goals we continue to concede.

• Like 2

i have not seen seen Tony's tweet so I cannot comment.....but who is going to put up with that.

Technically ok.....physically shocking.

This league is about scrapping......If they think being champagne charlies is going to get them in to the playoffs, they can forget it.

The Midfield has already got us relegated Imo....and it seems we have learnt nothing.

.......For christ sake villa, get some physical contact with the opposition.

• Like 1

I believe we had our 3rd and 4th option CMs out on the pitch today, the new 1st and 2nd choice regrettably out due to injury. Unfortunate, but bound to happen once in a while. How many Championship clubs (or PL clubs, for that matter) can afford to have 4 CMs of interchangeable quality? 

5 minutes ago, TB said:

I believe we had our 3rd and 4th option CMs out on the pitch today, the new 1st and 2nd choice regrettably out due to injury. Unfortunate, but bound to happen once in a while. How many Championship clubs (or PL clubs, for that matter) can afford to have 4 CMs of interchangeable quality? 

Agreed , we can just about get by with one or the other in the team but both together they are too lightweight and not good enough against most opposition. 

Â