Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Dr Tone doesn't seem too interested in the comparison with Lerner.He will undoubtedly see the situation differently to us as he seen Randy from close quarters and we didn't really.

Its all cosmetic now anyway, as sad as it was for AVFC......We need to move on and embrace the work of the Dr Tone et al.

16 hours ago, Kingman said:

It's actually not so easy to do that!

This account's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @76Kingman's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

:wacko:

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Increasing Villa Parks capacity to 60 - 80 000 would be insane! One can only dream i guess

Agreed. Even under MoN when challenging for the CL places we struggled to consistently sell out (39-40k attendances).

In order to get attendances to the 60-80k mark we will literally have to be winning titles with the "glory hunter" fans adding to our usual hardcore 35k. 

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Agreed. Even under MoN when challenging for the CL places we struggled to consistently sell out (39-40k attendances).

In order to get attendances to the 60-80k mark we will literally have to be winning titles with the "glory hunter" fans adding to our usual hardcore 35k. 

even under Mon finishing 6-6-6 considering that statistic, we still had a modest record at home. I guess in some fans eyes the football was not entirely believable, bit smash and grab, and at home we played a little bit like an away team, catching teams on the break.....and if I remember correctly rarely got in to double figures for wins at home.

Its just my opinion, but to pack the fans in you need a style that controls things more and scores goals....i.e Fortress Villa Park.

This is not a pop at Mon, because since then i would have his record back in a flash, in comparison to what we have been served up.

Merely trying to explain the gates

• Like 4

Ok I thought I'd save space by not copying 'Meme's@ Post, but................

I don't know who Rongtian He is ?  Or what Villans Ho is ? Or who CSL Club Guangzhou are (other than they are in China).

So should I be overwhelmed, underwhelmed, or just plain whelmed at the fact that there has been a great productive meeting ?

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Although I have always thought it would be a fascinating experiment to try a massive reduction in admission fee, just to see what would happen

If it was me running us, I'd think it was worth it for say two proper games, try one at a tenner each and kids free, then one at 15-20 and kids a fiver or so.  If, IF, we sold out at one or both, it might give food for thought. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don't know who Rongtian He is ?  Or what Villans Ho is ? Or who CSL Club Guangzhou are (other than they are in China).

So should I be overwhelmed, underwhelmed, or just plain whelmed at the fact that there has been a great productive meeting ?

I can't answer all those question but I guessed that csl stood for Chinese super league and Guangzhou evergrande are the biggest club over there with tons of money so I don't know... It should be a really good thing but who knows what it means.

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Rongtian He was in charge of the China site before Xia took over. He's now Xia's Personal Secretary. The other answers are from MjVilla.

Also, Guangzhou R+F is an entirely different club from Guangzhou.

Its not about lowering prices.....sorry folks......Its about winning football.

not just about the outer Birmingham catchment area.....we have POTENTIALLY the whole of the M5 corridor down to Exeter.....Its simply about winning football.

Achieve that and the rest will frighten you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pas5898 said:

I think everyone knew we were not REALLY that good,  we always felt to me like we were stumbling through it and likely to fall over at any time which of course we did. 

Whilst we did well it never really felt like something special was happening and people had enough to believe in and get behind to really drag the many many armchair fans in,  turn the occasional visitor into season ticket holder etc. 

I think it would take years of sustained genuine success to need 80,000 but with a swashbuckling team genuinely aiming for the top,  competing in the Champions League with some top players I reckon we could get matches 60,000 would want to go to in a reasonably short time period. 

It's still pie in the sky though when we lost our last game 3-1 to Bristol. Depends on how serious Tony Really is. 

At the end of the day Man City and especially Chelsea were no bigger than us before the money arrived. City already have a 55,000 to be extended and Chelsea are planning a new stadium which they will undoubtedly fill. 

It takes lots of money to be spent and a few years of proper success and world class players and the fans will follow. And of course we have significantly less local competition than those 2.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

This is almost exactly what I was thinking

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Although I have always thought it would be a fascinating experiment to try a massive reduction in admission fee, just to see what would happen

If it was me running us, I'd think it was worth it for say two proper games, try one at a tenner each and kids free, then one at 15-20 and kids a fiver or so.  If, IF, we sold out at one or both, it might give food for thought. 

Anyone remember when kids could ride on the buses for just 2p? It's not really relevant,  I just remembered it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think everyone knew we were not REALLY that good,  we always felt to me like we were stumbling through it and likely to fall over at any time which of course we did. 

Whilst we did well it never really felt like something special was happening and people had enough to believe in and get behind to really drag the many many armchair fans in,  turn the occasional visitor into season ticket holder etc. 

I think it would take years of sustained genuine success to need 80,000 but with a swashbuckling team genuinely aiming for the top,  competing in the Champions League with some top players I reckon we could get matches 60,000 would want to go to in a reasonably short time period. 

It's still pie in the sky though when we lost our last game 3-1 to Bristol. Depends on how serious Tony Really is. 

At the end of the day Man City and especially Chelsea were no bigger than us before the money arrived. City already have a 55,000 to be extended and Chelsea are planning a new stadium which they will undoubtedly fill. 

It takes lots of money to be spent and a few years of proper success and world class players and the fans will follow. And of course we have significantly less local competition than those 2.

i don't think your opening gambit is accurate.....some fans clearly thought we was that good.

I don't want to dig up old bones, especially in light of whats happened since, but your further comments on the same paragraph are true in my eyes.

Edited by TRO

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

i don't think your opening gambit is accurate.....some fans clearly thought we was that good.

I don't want to dig up old bones, especially in light of whats happened since, but your further comments on the same paragraph are true in my eyes.

Ok probably "felt" would have been a better word. For whatever reason people didn't really buy into it,  I was never truly convinced. Plus as someone else said later which I agreed with a lot of the best work was done away from home. . I seem to recall a few occasions when we sold out and I thought there was a chance to cement the feeling we always seemed to lose and it happened a few times it seemed to me. I bet a lot of armchair fans went along and thought... Meh..and we lost them. 

Talk is cheap. Lerner spent four years planning a new north stand and nothing happened. It is lunacy even quoting a 80,000 stadium on the site of Villa Park- that would require a new stadium and massive transportation upgrades around Aston.  About 50,000 is the maximum surely VP can ever hope for with redevelopment? If the FA guaranteed us 1 FA cup semi final and the occasional international that would further help to justify development but that is not going to happen due to the new Wembley financial black hole. 

The problem of the Villa is that we have a decent support base in the second biggest city in the country- but more of the regular football fans in brum dislike us than would ever follow us, due to the amount of other teams in the surrounding area. Man U and Liverpool do have very sizeable rivals in both cities- who hate them with a passion, but that is still a minority in their corresponding catchment areas. London is a different kettle of fish due to the size of it. If we get promoted and play decent football then we could easily start getting 40,000+ crowds again but the rest of it is just talk at present. 

51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The problem of the Villa is that we have a decent support base in the second biggest city in the country- but more of the regular football fans in brum dislike us than would ever follow us, due to the amount of other teams in the surrounding area. 

I really try hard not to just ridicule and attack posts from people but seriously you are really trying me here.  Must be strong..... Breathe.... 

Â