Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he needs to wind his neck in a touch at this stage, let things progress, show a bit of patience. 

Have to say Dave I am a little surprised to see you post that,  not disappointed but surprised

19 hours ago, RunRickyRun said:

The guy is an idiot. I mean you would have to be an idiot to sink money into a basket case like our club.

Football is popular with the communist party at the moment so this is why we are seeing all the interest (there's not much appetite from the general population - the tv deal for the PL is one of the poorest money earners in the region). Should football China fail to progress in the next few years, then interest from the party will decline and poor Tony will be left holding a club with a negative balance sheet rocking up massive losses every year.

It will end in tears. I'm looking forward to what happens afterwards. We may be in such a dire position that fan ownership may be the only alternative.

It must be **** brilliant knowing so much about the mascinations of the Chinese Communist party.

where did you research this ?

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Have to say Dave I am a little surprised to see you post that,  not disappointed but surprised

I think there's a time and a place. After you've just absolutely battered the opposition 27 shots to 2 and suffered a Football Manager style ridiculous 2-2 draw is not the time for public criticism. Encouragement would have been far more fitting. 

His tweet today I've no problem with, I'm disappointed too. Though no multi billion pound deals! 

You should know by now Richard that I try not to take sides. No agendas. I'm mostly a big Tony fan, but at times he pushes the boundaries of owner/fan a bit too far for me.

I still appreciate his passion as I said. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Dr's a genius. Look at all the replies to his angry and disappointed posts. They are all defending the team! If he had come out with the usual don't worry we will get better etc then the same fans would have probably destroyed him and the team/manager. 

He's conversation with the team and manager is probably completely different to his tweets. 

genius I tells ya! 

It's hilarious isn't it?

• Like 1

On 11 September 2016 at 20:31, Tayls said:

I need to know what 'like this' means... Because right now all I see is a team unable to win a match... I don't want us to keep going 'like this' at the moment...

Not a dig, it's just I see people saying it all the time and things never seem to change.... 

'Like this' equates to how we're playing. Did you watch the Forest game?

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Dr's a genius. Look at all the replies to his angry and disappointed posts. They are all defending the team! If he had come out with the usual don't worry we will get better etc then the same fans would have probably destroyed him and the team/manager. 

HIs conversation with the team and manager is probably completely different to his tweets. 

genius I tells ya! 

I've never seen anything like it. The fans are replying with things to tell him everything's going to be okay. Such a role reversal :lol:

• Like 1

Â