Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

More concerning is the psychological effect from last season, affecting even the new players. 

As soon as we went 2:1 up (baring in mind we dominated forest up to this point), we immediately retreated to the 18 yard line. Chester and Elphick both resorted to hoofing the ball straight to their CB's allowing the inevitable (with Villa) to happen. 

It is virtually a new team. I don't think there can be any effect from last season, so I am not concerned about that. Teams will often sit back after going ahead. Our defence, particularly our midfield, invariably lets us down, and that would be more of a concern to me.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he needs to wind his neck in a touch at this stage, let things progress, show a bit of patience. 

Yeah I've been in support of his tweets, but i'm not sure if he should be adding to any anxiety at the moment. 

Although on the flip side it could go the other way, in showing the players we are not in the business of dossing about anymore, a rocket up the arse which mobilises and pulls them in the same direction almost militantly.

• Like 1

I don't know about anyone else but if I think the boss ain't watching I take the absolute piss. I think a reminder now and then that the owner expects us to see out games from a winning position is quite healthy, a bit of fear struck into the heart of highly paid footballers is a good thing IMHO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don't know about anyone else but if I think the boss ain't watching I take the absolute piss. I think a reminder now and then that the owner expects us to see out games from a winning position is quite healthy, a bit of fear struck into the heart of highly paid footballers is a good thing IMHO.

They don't need to start playing with fear IMO. They need to keep playing just as they are. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They don't need to start playing with fear IMO. They need to keep playing just as they are. 

I think the players will accept the criticism, it's not untrue that we've slipped up a few times and not seen games out and that saying it is unlucky is not to state the full story. But the controversy here as has been since the start is that Tony delivered it publicly. On that I'm actually (no pun intended) 50/50 on whether it would have been better to send the message on an internal comms. Maybe it is because he's in China that he wants the players to know he is watching. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Play as they are but improve the finishing and cut out the silly errors - there are many things I'm happy with so far in our team - we are very close to being a very good side 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he needs to wind his neck in a touch at this stage, let things progress, show a bit of patience. 

yes and no. 

patience yes, but he is a new owner of a football team, and is excited.

He's also probably not used to the fact that he's given someone all the tools to carry out their job (ie: transfers as per RDM), and yet the end result doesn't always come out as expected.    Thats football, but he's probably not used to that aspect of the game yet.

I agree about the point about fear though.   No-one wants the boss breathing down their neck and being too afraid of making mistakes. 

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

There have been so many silly bookings for dissent , throwing ball away etc - the 2nd forest goal was the time for a legitimate booking and someone should have took one for the team and brought him down rather than allowing him to in through unchallenged. 

Absolutely, that mentality needs to creep in to our game.....but we may have not took a booking, just put him off.

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

yes and no. 

patience yes, but he is a new owner of a football team, and is excited.

He's also probably not used to the fact that he's given someone all the tools to carry out their job (ie: transfers as per RDM), and yet the end result doesn't always come out as expected.    Thats football, but he's probably not used to that aspect of the game yet.

I agree about the point about fear though.   No-one wants the boss breathing down their neck and being too afraid of making mistakes. 

Time for Brian little and Keith wyness to lend some gentle advice to mr xia - if he wishes to criticise on football matters it should be done privately - at the moment he is very open and honest in his comments - maybe too much so - I appreciated the updates in the window but now let RDM get on with the job on the football side - if we were playing shit and being dominated I'd be worried but it's very much a work in progress and we need to stick together 

17 hours ago, CastleBromVilla said:

I agree. I still see a lot of our old problems rearing their head, such as being out battled, not killing off games etc.

Its not helped by having a powder puff midfield. We need Jed/Tish back in there as soon as.

50% of that powder puff midfield has been with us for c4 years^_^

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

50% of that powder puff midfield has been with us for c4 years^_^

This is true and Westwood is no better as a player now than when he arrived - I wonder if they regret loaning out 3 midfielders now - none are any great loss but all better options than Gardner .

i expected maybe another midfielder in on loan to give us more depth in that area as tish is not renowned for his fitness and was always a possible injury risk .

Dr xia has provided the funding and we've bought well - I think we have failed though in the loan market where we could have got a couple more in 

Edited by Eastie

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

There have been so many silly bookings for dissent , throwing ball away etc - the 2nd forest goal was the time for a legitimate booking and someone should have took one for the team and brought him down rather than allowing him to in through unchallenged. 

Absolutely, now access the Forest performance, it worked. The time wasting, the niggily fouls, the professional fouls. Some players confuse the idea of the dark arts with plain stupidity. I've commented in another thread that we simply don't have those sort of players. And i think that needs to change quickly, because for me we could and maybe should have won every one of our games so far. We certainly have the quality (ability wise), what we don't have is players that know how to dig out results. Which is pretty ironic given our summer remit to sign leaders.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Was very true back then but thongs ain't what they used to be :D

Here comes 8 pages of puns

Do us a favour mate, send me a PM when its safe to come back into the thread :thumb:

25 minutes ago, Eastie said:

This is true and Westwood is no better as a player now than when he arrived - I wonder if they regret loaning out 3 midfielders now - none are any great loss but all better options than Gardner .

i expected maybe another midfielder in on loan to give us more depth in that area as tish is not renowned for his fitness and was always a possible injury risk .

Dr xia has provided the funding and we've bought well - I think we have failed though in the loan market where we could have got a couple more in 

We as a club have accepted his performance for that period of time.....you have to say, you reap what you so, and accept the consequences.

It took us how long to realise the true Agbonlahor?

We either question our own judgment or run with it and accept the results.

ps my criticism is more of the past than the present, but we must not drift in to the same procrastination that has blighted us.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

As my late granny would say Dr Tony. 

Don't wash your shitty knickers in public! :D

Well....they certainly didn't over the last 6 years, they kept a very impressive lid on it.

Â