Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So that's 2 of the 3/4 basically confirmed. 

No I still think it's 1. By all accounts they wanted to keep Gana so I doubt he would be one to be told his future lay elsewhere 

• Like 2

Just now, Richard said:

No I still think it's 1. By all accounts they wanted to keep Gana so I doubt he would be one to be told his future lay elsewhere 

So was the context of the tweet that 3 or 4 would be told their future lay elsewhere? I suspect it was that Tony thought 3 or 4 players would be moving on soon. We all know that life throws curve balls all the time so I wouldn't take any of Tony's tweets in a "but you said" regard, but I do appreciate the information in a best intentions regard.

I appreciate the effort he is making to be vocal and passionate but he is a ticking time bomb and bordering on unprofessional for a billionaire businessman. He needs to find the line and stay on the right side of it and quick.

But I kind of love it at the same time lol. Worried enjoyment.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

His tweets are cryptic gold

I think that's just called getting back into a foreign language after a few years away from it...

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hmmm, well this hasn't stopped him making billions to become the "billionaire" business man has it?

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying?

The prospect of Tony being a fraud or not working out is unthinkable and something i guess most fans would baulk at.

However, it would be folly to hang on to every word or believe every enthusiastic rant.....so the posts on here are balanced and healthy imo

this project even handled right, will take time.......this is no quick fix.

The stalwarts amongst us will monitor the progress, no matter how menial and we will draw comfort that we are on the right lines......being on the right track is probably the most important, how quick we achieve a remedy is open to opinion.

as fans we can be forgiven for being cynical as with so many charlatans posing to be the real deal over the years is it any wonder, we are questioning things from the new owner

If Tony has done his research on us, he will know this and cut us some slack.

If things work out the trust will build on both sides and the cynicism will evaporate.

I think as fans we should apply more energy to comments on facts/ events and less on speculation/ forecast.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

I thought gils departure was confirmed?

Guzan is confirmed.

RDM has said Ganas will be confirmed tomorrow, so theres 3.

Veretout looks likely to leave shortly also, and Sanchez too.

Fingers crossed this means we will see a few 'ins' next week.

Im a little disappointed to see Norwich going after Mccormack. Would have liked to have seen him here.

I have to ask, what yet has Tony said on twitter that has not come to pass? Tony clearly comes from a family and a way of thinking that is highly aspirational, believes in what we can be rather than what was, has a desire to communicate with Villa fans because previously there was no communication, wants to be Villa till he dies, even though he has less reason to be compared to some. What the fook is wrong with tony? What the fook is wrong with villa fans?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I appreciate the effort he is making to be vocal and passionate but he is a ticking time bomb and bordering on unprofessional for a billionaire businessman. He needs to find the line and stay on the right side of it and quick.

But I kind of love it at the same time lol. Worried enjoyment.

Have you seen the Simpsons episode where there is a billionaire (not mr burns) who owns a basketball team and does everything to appease the and... that's Dr X... And I love it!!

Keep tweeting, Dr Tony!

Very little else relating to Villa is making me laugh out loud* at the moment and I think we fans all need cheering up.

*Although hearing that Goose is leaving did cheer me up

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Â