Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

One things for sure,  if Xia isn't the  real deal then its not going to take very long for it to come out with the team currently looking very similar to last year, minus a few of the better players. UTV

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

One things for sure,  if Xia isn't the  real deal then its not going to take very long for it to come out with the team currently looking very similar to last year, minus a few of the better players. UTV

In a funny sort of way this is what gives me a bit of confidence, you simply couldn't pull off a bluff of this scale for to long. He didn't need to come in all guns blazing with such bold claims, even an unexciting, living within our means approach would have been welcomed after the disaster that was Lerner. The fact he made them, now means he has to back them up or people will start to call him out. 

of course its a good point but when he was saying large amount of cash to spend and make us huge in 3 years is going to cause some disappointment

nice dig at Lerner though ;)

• Like 1

Nobody is expecting five years problems solved.

But to have a team to at least challenge for a play off place would at least be alright. For all the talk of investment at the beginning, it will be very interesting to see how much money is spent when we take away the sales of Sinclair, Gana etc at the end of the window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

An obvious but good point...

Its also not realistic to suggest we will be one of the top 3 clubs in the world :P

Joking aside though, it is a fair point. 

Makes a valid point here too...

5 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

Well, he's ill but he still had long chat with RDM, I guess? It's not great English but I think it's faily understandable.

O

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Had a long chat with RDM while still illness.

um...WHAT?????

Probably means impatient.....sick of waiting!

think most of us feel the same!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, useless said:

An obvious but good point, also shows that Xia knows that there's still work to be done.

I would have much, much, more time for this view if it were not for RDM's statement that it would be "unfair to judge the players on the last 12 months".

Of COURSE you can't solve the problems in one month if you waste it double checking something the whole world already knows.

I don't blame Xia, but for me that comment was disturbing at the time and remains so.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

And again it's Di Matteo (according to Xia) that has said the good players have had the wrong management. Xia's just putting his faith in the football professionals, that he's hired.

Probably means we dont need to spend too much!   Where have we seen that before?  Beginning to move towards the sceptical side.

2 hours ago, NSmith22 said:

Palace lost 3-1 to Fulham today after going unbeaten in all other preseason fixtures. Preseason matters very little.

I agree that pre season results dont matter that much, but performances, effort, desire and passion DO....sadly, we lacked all those this afternoon!

Edited by westholmevillan
Spelling
  • Like 2

Â