Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, westholmevillan said:

Probably means we dont need to spend too much!   Where have we seen that before?  Beginning to move towards the sceptical side.

It's a puzzle isn't it ?

We would probably all say that by and large (maybe apart from Wenger) any Manager given money will spend it. Especially new Managers.

And we all know that when they are not given money they don't say so, they say they are largely happy with the squad etc. Again, especially new Managers.

And we all know owners don't say they have no money to spend, they say they are 'guided by the Manager' (but we all know the Manager needs to keep his pay cheque coming so wont deny this !)

(I recall Lambert very convincingly arguing his case for young and hungry, which turned out to be "Sorry Paul there is no money".  Just to cite one recent example).

So instinct and history tell us that the absence of spending = absence of funds - yet probably very few of us - yet  - think there is a funding issue, because we have been told, very recently, that there isn't.  And what a blow to our belief system if we really have 'run at cost' owners !! Yet equally few of us think RDM could be daft enough to really think the squad is any good. 

We all know deals take time, so for now I will try to tell myself of the third explanation.  There is plenty money, RDM knows what is needed, it is just haggling etc, and by the end of the window it will all be done satisfactorily.

Trouble is, I really don't believe myself when I say it .....

• Like 3

might be controversial but i have been dubious of this guy from day one.Today has done very little to change my mind , severe lack of staff in the catering outlets , last seasons branding on the advertising around the ground ( still pushing last seasons kit) , not even checking bags when going into the stadium , etc etc.Nothing at all rings true , cost cutting everywhere. Not seeing anything that looks like progress

• Like 1

Not quite sure why the over-reaction to a friendly. The owner has said that deals are being worked on for a creative midfielder and a striker and that in general we are shopping for top division players so are in the buying chain of that division. So you either believe that or you don't. We will know for sure where we stand with Tony once the window is shut, I just hope that those who have lost their shit over fark all are the first to give the owner some credit should he make the necessary purchases. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I really worry about DTX, he just comes across as incredibly naive. 

This assumes that Tony actually gives a feck about the opinions of your average twitter misusing brummie. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really worry about DTX, he just comes across as incredibly naive. 

Certainly not surprising re: social media considering he's used to living in China where people deal with each other with a little bit more civility and respect than some of the bottom feeders on twitter etc in the UK.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We lost a friendly, whoopde****do.

Must be the chairmans fault #standard

Yes but . New chairman is making promises and implying to the fans we are the road to salvation. We are not ! We are still shit same squad plus 3 additions very mediocre ! He TX needs to shut up or put up his all edged money where his mouth is .

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'm starting to think that even if there was an FA sanctioned nationwide transfer embargo this summer people would still complain that RDM and Xia aren't doing enough to get players in.

You're only just starting to think this? It's been modus operandi on this forum for nearly twenty years

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

He TX needs to shut up

No he doesn't. I'm enjoying his tweets, and let's face it, anyone without an affiliation to Villa likely doesn't even know who he is, let alone give a f**k what comes out of his mouth.

42 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

or put up his all edged money where his mouth is .

Link to source please where Tony says we'll spend x £'s by the end of July.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you can't.

Judge when the window closes. Not when there's weeks left.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, penguin said:

Have to admit I had a bit of a sinking feeling when he tweeted that RDM had told him 'squad full of talent but had been badly managed.' Oh god no. 

Yeah just another manager who sees the names in the squad and thinks I can turn these guys around.. but what they don't realise.. is they are busted and past their best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Have to admit I had a bit of a sinking feeling when he tweeted that RDM had told him 'squad full of talent but had been badly managed.' Oh god no. 

Suppose we do have a squad of talent though? It is obvious when people think of that line they instantly envision their most hated players as if there aren't over 20 odd plus academy in the squad! As stated before, some of these players did not just magically become shite over night, patience ffs! Otherwise at the rate it is going on here I suggest some of you just get your badges and work on a management career as you are all smarter than seasoned managers :rolleyes:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â