Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

28% win rate in last job I dont think Moyes is guaranteed success like he probably was 5 years ago

Irrespective of whether it was his last job, it's harsh to pick out his win rate from his first job in a different country, with players who speak a different language to him.

Moyes had many years of success at Everton, finishing in respectable positions with a club who relied on buying potential, selling for big fees and reinvesting back into the team. Is all of that undone just because he had a poor year in Spain and did badly (but about the same as Van Gaal) at Man Utd?

How anyone cannot see him as the leading manager for this job is baffling. How many other available managers were hand-plucked from their previous team to become the manager of one of the most successful teams ever?

Pearson is flavour of the month.

Moyes has shown his ability over a number of years, has built quality attacks and defences and has an excellent record of bringing in bargain players to sell for a higher fee.

Failure in a different country and having an average season with an ageing Man Utd side that Ferguson ran away from, does not undo all of his work at Everton.

I can see it now. Moyes overlooked for the job, A N Other hired, Moyes signs for Newcastle, we stay in the championship wondering where it all went wrong, and Moyes sends Newcastle straight back up. We then wonder why we didn't go for obvious and best manager available.

• Like 2

If it's a toss up between Moyes and Pearson - there's only one winner IMO.

Quite simply, which one of the two were headhunted to take over at Man Utd, possibly the biggest team in England, Europe and the World?

It wasn't the player throttling, bottle kicking, ostrich loving, smugly arrogant manager whose team is doing a lot better without him....

25 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Its a no brainer.If Ferguson recomended him,he must be good.Fergie is only the best manager ever.Who else could take Aberdeen to the Scottish title ?!

Dave Halliday ;)

24 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Its a no brainer.If Ferguson recomended him,he must be good.

Er,yes. Because that worked so well the last time we got a recommendation from Fergie, right? ;) 

36 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Its a no brainer.If Ferguson recomended him,he must be good.Fergie is only the best manager ever.Who else could take Aberdeen to the Scottish title ?!

GxfjX116.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

28% win rate in last job I dont think Moyes is guaranteed success like he probably was 5 years ago

No one said he'd be a guaranteed success but he's got a much bigger chance of success than basically every other manager we've been linked with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

No he is good because he did outstanding work for 10 years in the Premier League. Took Everton from yearly relegation dog fights to top 4. Competed in Europe on a semi(?) regular basis. Brought through players from lower leagues and at average careers and developed them and sold them at profit. Took players who were "average" and turned them into good footballers.

• Like 1

Arteta, Baines, Lescott, Pienaar, Cahill, Jagielka off the top of my head. Players who were once prospects at a crossroads, players who were slogging iit in the middle of the Championship, players who had relegation on their CVs who never looked back.

20 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't see Pardew as a bad manager at all.

Did well at Southampton, did well at Newcastle to a point (then again, they're a rotten club like ours) and is doing well at Palace.  They've been on a pretty unlucky run of form to be honest, and have badly missed Bolasie who has been injured for ages (back for, what, 2 games now?).  Since we beat them, they've only been beaten by more than 1 goal twice - against Spurs and Man City.  They're also in the F.A. Cup semi-final.

Of course, it's still a terrible run of form, but I don't think it's an indication of Pardew "not being able to turn it around".

Well, it wouldn't be. But the same slide has happened at nearly every club he's managed. At Newcastle it was exactly the same. Started well, but once the slide started he couldn't turn it around.

What really strikes me this week is how much we've lost our cockiness and attitude as a club. There is no sense that we can steal the attention of another manager currently employed because we are such a big club/opportunity. It's almost like we're asking someone to do us a favour and manage us. We're better than that. We are a club that deserves managers to be fighting for the chance to manage us (and not john carver).

As stated earlier its Moyes for me. However, I am now in a place where I wouldn't say no to Pearson. I really want someone to knock some heads together and he looks like he could do that more so than Moyes. I want the jumped up wa nkers to get a real turning over and arses to be kicked big time.

I am still in the Moyes camp.

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

As stated earlier its Moyes for me. However, I am now in a place where I wouldn't say no to Pearson. I really want someone to knock some heads together and he looks like he could do that more so than Moyes. I want the jumped up wa nkers to get a real turning over and arses to be kicked big time.

I am still in the Moyes camp.

The key thing about Pearson is that he only "looks" like he could do that. Does he actually have any experience of going into a team where there are poisonous players and doing what's neccessary?

If we're just going to go for someone who looks hard we might as well go with Keane.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The key thing about Pearson is that he only "looks" like he could do that. Does he actually have any experience of going into a team where there are poisonous players and doing what's neccessary?

If we're just going to go for someone who looks hard we might as well go with Keane.

I imagine Leicester were in a bit of a state when he took over in 2008 when they'd just gone down to league 1.

The job he did there was very similar to what Lambert did at Norwich, I imagine you wanted Lambert in 2012 like many did on here.

• Like 1