Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

1 hour ago, Isa said:

Even if confirmed before then, any new manager won't take over until the summer, I reckon. I just can't see the candidates wanting any involvement with this season. 

They might not officially take over but surely any manager that's currently linked and considering his options will already be assessing the squad. They could be announced but not directly involved til the end of the season. Yet still able to work out which players are worth keeping or not.

22 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't know where i stand on Pearson. Do we need the whole frosty relationship that already exists between himself and the Midlands media ? I think it might be something that goes against him when Hollis and Bernstein are deciding. Can't dismiss his whole "thing" with the media, has a knock on effect and we as a club come off looking bad then.

Bevington has a hard enough job on his hands, as an experienced communications director I imagine he'd like a manager in place who can be relied upon to be professional with the press.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Gareth Southgate has been seem down VP. Coincidentally Bernstein's mate?

Poor poor manager.  

9 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

Surprised it's all gone quiet regarding the new manager. The fans and the whole club need a lift and I hope we're not leaving it till the summer. 

Well it doesnt really make a difference if its now or in three weeks we are down. Players dont care either. i expect we wont hear anything until the end of season or maybe before last home game if we are lucky

Can definitely see Southgate coming in, knows the club, I'm sure Little would recommend him,  Southgate has mates from the FA on the Villa board.

Do I think it would be a good appointment? **** no.

• Like 1

No way do I want Southgate here. nice chap and all but doesnt inspire me at all. I want Moyes and so does 67% of VT which is a huge majority. He is the clear favourite with the fans. if Hollis wants to build bridges start by getting Moyes in. 

I would like Moyes but I think he will have better options than rebuilding Villa. I also think he said recently he wants to manage in the CL and as he is unlikely to get a Top 4 job here that suggests he's happy enough to work around Europe for a bit.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

32 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I can see Southgate happening tbh.

Me too. He's just the type of terrible manager that we have a history of appointing. We'll appoint him, give him a big budget (by Championship standards), he'll waste it on poor players, we'll leave him in the job way too long before sacking him and then we'll end up languishing in Championship mid-table hell for a few years.

Southgate: 

45 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've always had Southgate in mind, would be happy for him to build a new young team and give him some time.

Yeah the player who left us 2001 and went to M'boro because they had ambition. **** Southgate! 

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Southgate: 

Yeah the player who left us 2001 and went to M'boro because they had ambition. **** Southgate! 

Sadly the story of pretty much everyone who has left Villa since.