Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

21 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If he got them performing as they should I wouldn't care....same if Moyes did exactly the same thing

18 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

^ as per above

fair enough, can't argue with that.

personally, and I don't think it would be possible to get Gabby performing again by the way, I would much prefer to cut out all the infection and let the would heal, I think it's much healthier in the long term. And even if the next man got them performing, I'd have a really tough time supporting them at all after this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

fair enough, can't argue with that.

personally, and I don't think it would be possible to get Gabby performing again by the way, I would much prefer to cut out all the infection and let the would heal, I think it's much healthier in the long term. And even if the next man got them performing, I'd have a really tough time supporting them at all after this season.

Yes, my preference would be to get rid of a number of the experienced players (particularly Gabby & Richards) but if we can't then hopefully the new manager coming in will be able to get something better out of them. If not, make it a bit more difficult for them - they all look far too comfortable at the moment.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

who I 'want'i is Eddie Howe. The closest thing to a modem day Graham Taylor out there.

**** it, let's act like a big club, let's go and bully a little club and try and entice their manager.

Aston  Villa in the Championship is still a million times bigger than Bournemouth in the Premier League.

But, I am realistic to know that is never going to happen, but we can wish!

12 minutes ago, andyh said:

who I 'want'i is Eddie Howe. The closest thing to a modem day Graham Taylor out there.

**** it, let's act like a big club, let's go and bully a little club and try and entice their manager.

Aston  Villa in the Championship is still a million times bigger than Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Funny you should mention Graham Taylor alongside Eddie Howe and saying us getting him would never happen.

When Graham Taylor left Watford for us in 1987 he had established them as a top flight club and they had just finished ninth. We had just been relegated.

Regardless of relegation we are still a very big club and a very big draw for potential managers. We just need to sell ourselves right and hopefully this new board can do that but it will also take assurances around future investment.

Managers know that if you can get decent backing and get it right at Aston Villa then there is still huge potential at this club and our glass ceiling is still way higher than most football clubs.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Funny you should mention Graham Taylor alongside Eddie Howe and saying us getting him would never happen.

When Graham Taylor left Watford for us in 1987 he had established them as a top flight club and they had just finished ninth. We had just been relegated.

Regardless of relegation we are still a very big club and a very big draw for potential managers. We just need to sell ourselves right and hopefully this new board can do that but it will also take assurances around future investment.

Managers know that if you can get decent backing and get it right at Aston Villa then there is still huge potential at this club and our glass ceiling is still way higher than most football clubs.

Absolutely agree, and that's precisely why I suggested him.

Of course we are a very,very big club and turning us around would look marvellous on his CV.

However, I doubt very much that the club is looking in that direction.

27 minutes ago, andyh said:

playing methods are different but Howe is the best young manager in the country and Bournemouth although a smaller club are a club on the rise who will invest in players and Taylor had been at Watford for a much longer time and wanted a new challenge and Villa were bigger fish then as it was  only about 4 years since we won the European cup

Edited by PaulC

12 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

short stint at some Russian club, don't think he's ever achieved anything as a manager other than failure

he won the Fa Cup with Chelsea which was a big thing at time as Chelsea hadnt won a thing for about 30 years. Has been shit since then, think his last job was LA Galaxy actually

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I read today that on average a manager in the championship keeps his job for 7 months. So likely we may well be having this discussion again next year. 

or at Christmas ;)

7 hours ago, mykeyb said:

If he got them performing as they should I wouldn't care....same if Moyes did exactly the same thing

Attitude is just a part of the problem, ability is another issue. They aren't good enough for the wages they are on. 

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

I've no desire to keep sticking up for the logic of giving all the candidates a fair chance, its getting boring, but this sort of twaddle does my head in.

And in case you hadn't noticed Leicester are indeed threatning to win the League - oh Sorry, it was his scouts, it was all Ranieri, it was Mr Blobby...........The side in question won a League under Pearson, were built under Pearson, and are now well placed to win another.  I would more than happily settle for Pearson - or anyone- getting us to win the Championship, staying up the next year, then leaving and their side winning the title.  He hasn't achieved that title, but to write him out of it completely just to suit a predetermined prejudice is barmy.

So by your logic we're not allowed to not want ANY manager? We have to give everyone a chance at this stage? Brilliant. So if Avram grant was suggested, we wouldn't be allowed to say we don't want him? And you have the audacity to call my post twaddle? :)

As for the bold, yes, Leicester are threatening to win the league. Pearson scraped survival with them.

Plenty of managers have won the championship or got promoted. Plenty.

Most of those managers aren't horrible human beings.

I'll take one of them please.

Edited by Stevo985

Pearson in...... i never in a million years thought id say that but i have no faith that Moyes could get the job done. These group of misfits need choking, maybe 4 or 5 times a day for the entire pre season. Absolutely sickens me the pile of shite i support. Small heath have more to look forward to than us :(

Edited by Villan_of_oz

9 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Other.  Mick McCarthy

Also 3rd fav with bookies

Just curious why you would have him ahead of Moyes? He may be experienced in championship with couple promotions but what he has far less success than Moyes has

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Just curious why you would have him ahead of Moyes? He may be experienced in championship with couple promotions but what he has far less success than Moyes has

No more Scotsman.... and i have Scottish blood in my veins. 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

No more Scotsman.... and i have Scottish blood in my veins. 

With all due respect what has nationality got to do with it? Sherwood was english and he was crap, Remi was French and he was crap. Nationality is not important its what they have achieved. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With all due respect what has nationality got to do with it? Sherwood was english and he was crap, Remi was French and he was crap. Nationality is not important its what they have achieved. 

Sorry it was a bit tongue in cheek.... scottish managers have sucked for us.... my comment was not to be taken too seriously. We can argue all we like about the next mamager, however unless changes are made to the squad we are screwed.....

Ps i just don't like Moyes 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry it was a bit tongue in cheek.... scottish managers have sucked for us.... my comment was not to be taken too seriously. We can argue all we like about the next mamager, however unless changes are made to the squad we are screwed.....

Ps i just don't like Moyes 

Fair enough mate, we have had a bit of bad luck with scottish managers. But I think with Moyes it will be different, Mcleish just relegated the blosers our hated rivals, Lambert was a potential kind of manager. Moyes has the experience thats the difference. 

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Attitude is just a part of the problem, ability is another issue. They aren't good enough for the wages they are on. 

Or,  they are good enough but we are not getting the best out of them.  They are not and cannot all be rubbish & as we have seen before,  we will offload players that some how perform better at their new clubs.  I just have a feeling that we have to give some of them the benefit of doubt here,  wee consistently have groups of players where we have,  with a straight face had mcleish, houlier, garde & sherwood to name but a few.  We cannot seriously think that this lot had anything but a negative effect on the club from the top down.  We probably had within the organisation,  high flying executives or sales team members working for the club who went from being super professional like Margaret Mountford from the apprentice to Mrs Overall from Acorns Antiques seemingly overnight.  I suspect some of the playing staff have gone this way.  Add to this, the coward like lack of spend in January means nobody gave them a chance to get out of it,  including our own board.

Imagine if you direct line manager went from good to the equivalent of what happend down the Villa.

Whoever comes in,  just keep it simple.  Build it from the back starting with getting the very very best goal keep we can and start from there.